RPMs????

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
What is the limiting factor when talking about rpms. What keeps the cummins from turning high rpms? Is it fueling, or the valve train or something else????

Well i am not refering to my truck. I was just wondering what is keeping a cummins from turning 8000 plus rpms??? If you developed a head that did not have valves, valve springs, or any of the normal valve train is is possible to turn that kind of rpms??

i guess if you turned it into a rotary it could spin pretty high, but the current set up is pretty stout, too.

jktcummins said:
If you developed a head that did not have valves, valve springs, or any of the normal valve train is is possible to turn that kind of rpms??
Hmmm how are you planning on flowing air? Port injected 2 stroke?

Well thats kind of a secret. Lets just say i have a friend that has the funds and some experience with cylinder work and he has some crazy idea.

Being able to combust diesel turning 8k rpm is gonna take a stupidly high timing number. That high of timing is gonna be very hard on parts.
What would you use an 8 thousand rpm diesel for???

I was just wondering what all is going to be an issues running that kind of rpms. This buddy of mine has been in the rice burner side for a long time. He was asking me if you eleminated the valve train if it was possible to turn high rpm numbers. I figured the biggest problem was going to be fueling and timing. Just wanted to see what yall had to say.

Back