Rules?

Turbochargers are limited to dual stage set-ups. Twins are limited to a 3.0 inch inducer bore on the atmosphere turbo; the bore will be measured using a 3.05 inch slug or calipers at the head tech official’s discretion. Single turbochargers are unlimited in size. Map width enhancement of .180” Maximum is permitted. Must be in OEM location. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and map ring are prohibited. Final decisions rest with tech officials.

This is right from the FPP rules for PSD

3" twins are a joke against unlimited singles...so who cares...nobody at the front is running such a setup...

Last edited:
:pop:
What exactly is that suppose to mean?????

Since the buzz at the end of the season was zero changes, who did Garwood piss off? Those rule "changes" flat out targeted goat on a rope. so fess up? who's got their panties in a bunch?:stab:

Well I'm not knocking Charlie but geez fellas, the twin rules have been exactly like this for many years.

Anyone here really want to campaign a set of 3.0" twins against 3.9" or 4.1" singles?

There's a lot here to complain about but the twins in pro stock is picking pepper out of fly chit IMO....

Well I'm not knocking Charlie but geez fellas, the twin rules have been exactly like this for many years.

Anyone here really want to campaign a set of 3.0" twins against 3.9" or 4.1" singles?

There's a lot here to complain about but the twins in pro stock is picking pepper out of fly chit IMO....

If we were allowed to run a atmosphere charger in the twin setup like what we run in the 3.0 class I would take that bet!

Last edited:
Jeremy...yes of course....

Back in 2008 I asked for 3.2" twins (tried going conservative) and all I got was a great big "negatory" from the old guard big single guys....who would have guessed :rolleyes:

So I gave up on the twins. FPP kept that in there to allow a set of street twins to enter the class, nothing more.

Last edited:
Jeremy...yes of course....

Back in 2008 I asked for 3.2" twins (tried going conservative) and all I got was a great big "negatory" from the old guard big single guys....who would have guessed :rolleyes:

So I gave up on the twins. FPP kept that in there to allow a set of street twins to enter the class, nothing more.

True but by the lack of wording I could run one of our ppl legal 3.0 chargers under something big in twin setup and its legal. That's why East coast series did away with the twins in our 3.0. Twins on a mild street build is fine. Put a similar setup on one of our engines and its a totally different beast

True but by the lack of wording I could run one of our ppl legal 3.0 chargers under something big in twin setup and its legal. That's why East coast series did away with the twins in our 3.0. Twins on a mild street build is fine. Put a similar setup on one of our engines and its a totally different beast

It's the tight MWE spec that kills it.

Not really

You try it then, see how long you last :D

No point though, someone shows up with a Tim Jackson style setup and that twinned combo ain't gonna be in the same zip code.

Last edited:
You try it then, see how long you last :D

No point though, someone shows up with a Tim Jackson style setup and that twinned combo ain't gonna be in the same zip code.

I don't have to. My 3.0 does well enough. It would interesting to see how all these trucks and setups compete at a neutral event though.

Explain how they target him? Im confused..

well for me the glaring rule was stock displacement per year. that only targets dodge guys. near impossible to tech, especially with people who have no idea what they're looking at.

fpp needs to get on board with the main stage. say you want to go pull scheid? well, your turbo doesn't meet the rules. nbd, just another 5k for an hx 60 right?
quit handicapping the trucks!!

my $.02 , adjusted for inflation

well for me the glaring rule was stock displacement per year. that only targets dodge guys. near impossible to tech, especially with people who have no idea what they're looking at.

fpp needs to get on board with the main stage. say you want to go pull scheid? well, your turbo doesn't meet the rules. nbd, just another 5k for an hx 60 right?
quit handicapping the trucks!!

my $.02 , adjusted for inflation
i agrre with ya other than the targeting dodges, are you aware of how big a dmax can be made? i personally would not waste the $ to do it but trust me, guys are!

Back