runs like crap

srt6

sittin on the side line
last april i put injectors, 85% cp3, turbo ect. in my truck, from day one it ran like crap when i first started it in the morning (white smoke, popping), after it warmed up it ran fine, on my last days off i was headed to the track the truck ran great all week and on the way to the track, first pass didn't even make half track it started popping like a machine gun out the exhaust and from then on all the way back to the house it ran like crap every time i got into it popping, i pulled the injectors sent them off they said i had one that was bad, they fix it sent them back i put them back in and the same exact thing nothing has changed:bang, any suggestions

Mine was making a popping noise while cruising on the highway. Since i have taken the quadzilla railpressure gauge off, replaced the fass filters and have been putting the gray bottle power service it has went away completely. Take a look at my "erratic rail pressure" thread on here.

also noticed when cruising fuel pressure is around 15psi and at wot it droppes to 12 i changed the filter and the same thing, before it stayed around 15-16 crusing & wot

how many time your injects been in and out? i would get a new set of cross over/ connector tubes (whatever ya wanna call them) i have had them look fine but from being in and out so much just didnt seal right. the nut torques to 44 ft lbs.

how many time your injects been in and out? i would get a new set of cross over/ connector tubes (whatever ya wanna call them) i have had them look fine but from being in and out so much just didnt seal right. the nut torques to 44 ft lbs.

twice that i know of, i'll check in to it, i also noticed earlier the poppin comes in around 3/4 throttle

could be a cp3 issue. you got your stock one still or can you rob one off a buddys truck to try it out? worth a shot.

Sounds like rail pop.. Are you running a pressure box or if not, what do you have the rail set at on SSR?

Sounds like rail pop.. Are you running a pressure box or if not, what do you have the rail set at on SSR?

not running a pressure box, running 5 llrp 5 hlpr on ssr, rp runs around 25 when cruising

not running a pressure box, running 5 llrp 5 hlpr on ssr, rp runs around 25 when cruising

Wow! 25k while cruising?

Mine typically runs about 15K while cruising. You may have a problem with your pump

Wow! 25k while cruising?

Mine typically runs about 15K while cruising. You may have a problem with your pump

u not the first person thats said that & thats what i've been thinking the whole time since i put the pump on there but industrial injection says otherwise

What is Industrial Injection saying about your problem?

Sent from my Comp D mobile thingy

What is Industrial Injection saying about your problem?

Sent from my Comp D mobile thingy

haven't talked to them about this but i called right after i put it on about the high rp and when i let off after wot it would have real eratic rp, i had to get back in it and roll out of the throttle to get it to smooth out, they said it was just the characteristics of a high performance pump

if you've got a CR that's white smoking and popping on cold start and you take it to the track and beat the tar out of it, you're either charmed or crazy... or a combination of the two

if you've got a CR that's white smoking and popping on cold start and you take it to the track and beat the tar out of it, you're either charmed or crazy... or a combination of the two

its always ran fine after it warmed up, until now

of course... it was warning you that something was wrong... you didn't listen. now something's REALLY wrong :(

Back