rut roh....knock in gear at idle sitting still.

cquestad

Thoughts?

I think I am going to let the doc look at injectors...75k on the last set. Egts seem to be up a little and mileage down.

Cold starts are white and smokey this time of year for me regardless...sub freezing temps...never plugged in and no grid heaters.

Seems to be better when engine is warm...but still louder at idle.

Almost like a lope...lol.

Go away phucking tool...or show your real name.

My trucks never got more than around 17...usually a lot less...sometimes a little more. I have never said anything else.

So your point is...or do you have me mistaken for somebody else?

Something must be wrong with your 900hp truck if its only getting 15mpg in sub freezing temps. Tell bob to tune the cold weather tables a little better

Last edited:
Funny chit right there...haha

On subject...trans was just out...but it would do it all the time...not just under load at idle.

It has nothing to do with missmatched parts or programing....does it with stock tuning...so nice try funny guys.

I got an idea...threads over. I will fix it and you will never know why.

Wow...I made some serious haters in the last month.

Actually.........

On subject...trans was just out...but it would do it all the time...not just under load at idle.

It has nothing to do with missmatched parts or programing....does it with stock tuning...so nice try funny guys.

When we see cracked flex plates, they only make noise at idle. Dont know if the same happens with a Cummins but why would it be different.

Thanks....not that though...just saw it a few weeks ago....have not been on it since. Its a reactor flexplate...if I broke that I would impress myself. Will consider...

I think I might have my injectors looked at for a warm fuzzy feeling anyways...been a while.

It does not do it once the truck is warm...

it dont matter the brand of flex plate, they are still able to be broke from a defect in materia or a hair line fracture from strainl. still could be injectors i wouldnt rule that out. still it could be torque converter bolts or flex plate bolts, people have been know to miss tightening bolts fully or too tight and stripping the threads out. if your truck does make said horsepower, that kind of impact on the driveline/powertrain can strain parts and they will eventually break. just because you seen it a few weeks ago when the trans was out doesnt mean its still good now.

Yeah I stripped the bolts from my TC and it would only knock under a load at idle and cleared up while driving. I would check the bolts it is easy enough to do if the tranny has just been out.

Not hating, just flippin chit.

That time of the month?? :stab:

Lol...its always my time of the month.

I agree anything could break from fatigue...just have not used more than 600hp or so in the last few eeks. I am without a lift pump right now and have been rebuilding all of the front end joints. Ball, front axle u joints, and crossover hiem link steering....so I have been babying it.

I will do both...pull injectors and look at the converter/flex plate. My "said" hp was enough to break the welds on the convertor cover last month and shear the dog teeth of the pump somehow...

I have broken several different flex plates in the past...but the ultimate trans/reactor flex plate/opie phat shafts have been bullet proof other than the convertor mishap.....it lasted 75k.

Btw...I love the bsu b oobs in your avatar...bonus points being from oregon

The norm...just oil at high rpms. Seems intermttant....sorry about my spelling...cold hands.

I will look into the tc@/fp and have my injectors checked and report back.

I had a the crank/flexplate bolts come loose. Rev it to about 2000 and the knock went away. That I was able to pull the inspection cover though and move the flexplate around though.

Back