S06/UDC vs SSR/UDC

rockjeep73

Who has ran both or has any first hand experience?

From my research the benefits of the SSR are:
1. Higher rail pressure table
2. Higher timing table
3. Higher RPM limit

What I am mostly concerned with is the rpm limits. What RPM is actually available with the ssr/udc? I have read 4,500rpm?

This is for a drag/pulling truck so I need more than the current 3500-3600 rpm where it seems to fall off at now with the s06/udc.

From what I've seen on the SSR the rpm shift limits you can set to 6000 but you only have tables for tuning to 3600RPM.

We have pushed both on the dyno til the graph falls off hard, the S06/UDC combo, ran to 3500 and would fall off hard on HP. SSR/UDC will always have full fuel to 3800RPM and power starts falling off quickly under load, but I had an early 04 truck with Smarty/SSR on the dyno two weeks ago that ran a flat HP line out to 4000rpm when I let out of it. It's not hitting a rev limiter but its pulling fuel beyond there and won't let you make full power beyond 4000rpm.

Lavon

Thanks for the numbers. I was hoping for more than 3900-4000 but I guess it will be better than the 3500 I have now.

My early 04 revs to 4200 and hits a hard limiter with the ssr , with the so6 it was 3500. Both were udc . The ssr fuels defferent on defferent trucks

also 4000 rpm is enough , less things break if you dont twist em so high and there is plenty of usable power that can be made between 3000 and 4000 rpm.

Rail pressure map goes to 29k. Doesnt the stock rp sensor only go to 27k?

Pre injection is pretty much for quieting the engine/exhaust if I'm not mistaken.

Pre injection is pretty much for quieting the engine/exhaust if I'm not mistaken.

Cause and effect. Cause = reducing pressure spikes. One of the positive effects is a quieter running engine. There are other effects, both positive and negative. For me the benefits out weight the disadvantages.

Paul

Cause and effect. Cause = reducing pressure spikes. One of the positive effects is a quieter running engine. There are other effects, both positive and negative. For me the benefits out weight the disadvantages.

Paul

Can you go into more detail? I'm curious now.

Any more info or real world results on this.
Pre-injection On for daily driving?
Off for max HP?

So there are a few limiters in the udc tuned S-06 software. Same tune was flashed into a ssr tuner with no changes. You can see the gainzz for yourself :evil

20150803_144356_zpsc9lrucwo.jpg

Back