S300G info

Jim Fulmer

Tag info: S300G071 PN 174430 Was wondering what the specs were on it for wheels ect, seems like a nice turbo that is not too expensive instead of jumping to a $1600 modified S300.

Jim

Mine was 57/65/14. Basically a Super B.
Pretty small, I couldn't tell a difference performance wise, from my HX35.

I picked mine up to be a secondary, run it as a single until the money came around for twins. Money never came, so I sold the s300g and bought a 62/68/14 from ED.

Just a word of caution Jim - some of the "S300G" turbos are not built on an S300 frame, so you might want to keep that in the back of your mind if you are thinking of twins down the road (not sure on application).

Just a word of caution Jim - some of the "S300G" turbos are not built on an S300 frame, so you might want to keep that in the back of your mind if you are thinking of twins down the road (not sure on application).

Interesting, is was on a customers truck, pretty salty 12V, was thinking about twins for him using it.

Jim

I have a S300G with a 62mm compressor wheel punched in. I love that turbo. It spools quick and it's peppy. It isn't on the frame like j-rod said, I found that out when I tried to get a 64mm wheel thrown in it. In a twins setup with a S475 (not sure what specs I want to go with yet) I think it would be a pretty fun setup.

That's what I was thinking, his turbo with a 475. Most would be surprised at what HP that combo will make.

Jim

mine had that same part number on it and it is a 62/71 with a .80 housing on the exhuast side. i know my compressor wheel had the extended tips not sure of the other measurements on the compressor and exhaust wheel.

Last edited:
The S300G is technically an S200 cartridge, and the compressor backplate is smaller than the S300 counter parts, therefore not interchangeable. They are robust, will make decent hp dependent on what the primary is, and most rationally would accept up to a 62mm compressor if so desired.

Tell that to your camshaft builder he built the motor and tuned it to just over 800. :)

Owning you is to easy, then you'll cry and txt me till u get your feelings hurt and run off. But at least you feel like your smart online.

Lol a well tuned 57 over 475 will do 800. Chit a little 62 over S510 did 1132 on fuel

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Lol a well tuned 57 over 475 will do 800. Chit a little 62 over S510 did 1132 on fuel

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing....a run of the mill setup might not, but one with the right combination of parts, and a good tune could do it.

Although after running the S358ET that Chris @ ED built for me, I no longer use S300G's. That charger is much better:D
Chris

Well that's all it took I see, nothing new. You guys crushed his dreams again....

I pushed the BD Twins to 550 on a 12v....that has a lot less primary, and had a stock cam and head....

Of course I absolutely hated the 62/480 combo I had
Chris

Back