S400 has anyone ran a 96/1.25 t4 combo?

Levi_plummer

Hey everyone looking to get a new charger and am interested if anyone has ran a 96 wheel in a t4 1.25 housing i'll be running a cast 80mm ett wheel for the compressor. I am coming from a billet 80/92/1.10 and i just don't think the 92 drove the 80mm to potential that is why i am looking to upgrade. Does anybody have any input?

Hey everyone looking to get a new charger and am interested if anyone has ran a 96 wheel in a t4 1.25 housing i'll be running a cast 80mm ett wheel for the compressor. I am coming from a billet 80/92/1.10 and i just don't think the 92 drove the 80mm to potential that is why i am looking to upgrade. Does anybody have any input?

What converter you running? I wouldn't waste my time with t4... With your fueling and size of compressor you're better off with the 1.32 t6 or better yet the new 1.15 t6 which should be available now or soon.

Last edited:
Its a v10 cover on an ats convertor around a 2,600-2,800 stall. Ive rode in one truck with a 75/96/1.32 and it wouldn't spool on this same convertor.

Its a v10 cover on an ats convertor around a 2,600-2,800 stall. Ive rode in one truck with a 75/96/1.32 and it wouldn't spool on this same convertor.

That's weird, my 75/96 1.32 with my dpc 2500ish stall lit up in about 5 seconds on the brakes.

What is your setup? What kind of head work and cam are you running? Any nitrousv

Stock 12v head, stock 180k+ mile shortblock, similar drop in style cam, upgraded valvetrain like you got, 5/22 injectors-13mm pump

Idk where timing was, I just played it by ear changed it tell it felt strong.

I sprayed it as well, also had air/water cooler. With the water circulating or dry it spooled nearly identical.

This was a dry test: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-yiwu208w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-yiwu208w[/ame]

Last edited:
Stock 12v head, stock 180k+ mile shortblock, similar drop in style cam, upgraded valvetrain like you got, 5/22 injectors-13mm pump

Idk where timing was, I just played it by ear changed it tell it felt strong.

I sprayed it as well, also had air/water cooler. With the water circulating or dry it spooled nearly identical.

This was a dry test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-yiwu208w

Soo was that nitrous at the end that got it on top of the charger?

Soo was that nitrous at the end that got it on top of the charger?

No nitrous. I was not in a hurry to light it, just seeing where I could take the rpms to during a brake stalled launch. That's what I like about Phil's converters, they just flat out work like they're supposed to. I've ran goerend, ats, and Suntoast as well.

The one time I did launch it in 4wd was fun spinning all four going into 3rd locked when it finally hooked up. That was around 30-35 lbs boost launch on 285/60/18 terra grapplers on pavement.

Last edited:
I'm also curious how much the 96mm wheel will gain power wise for you. I would like to have your billet 80/92 for my tow twins primary.

This is old info from 2011

DRturbo: "The testing went great. Unit did what expected. Made 951rwhp, so a peak loss of only 11rwhp, but average HP was up by 78rwhp/109rwtq through the powerband. The truck lit much sooner, comes up harder and MUCH better street ability which was the goal. As for the setup of the truck, I don't know all the particulars. Our job was to make it spool quicker, broader powerband without sacrificing much peak......We can support the 82/83mm (compressor) wheel, but haven't really tried going much above that. I believe once you reach the 125lbs/min mark on comp flow, its time to move up to the 96mm turbine wheel. The 92mm wheel stalls around ~58lbs/min of turbine flow with a T6 1.25A/R housing. "

My concern is if you can effectively drive the 96 wheel through a t4. Having ran one through a .90 T4 for.. Over 3 years on a pull truck and never having any bearing issues or needing a rebuild. Just indicated to me it wasn't flowing hard enough. Also significant porting on the t4 yielded some positive results from the data logs

My concern is if you can effectively drive the 96 wheel through a t4. Having ran one through a .90 T4 for.. Over 3 years on a pull truck and never having any bearing issues or needing a rebuild. Just indicated to me it wasn't flowing hard enough. Also significant porting on the t4 yielded some positive results from the data logs

Were you running an external gate or anything? What kind of drive pressure and boost were you seeing? What size compressor wheel were you running?

Back