S400 manifold/mounting issue

canadiandiesel

, I searched and searched and firmly my Google fu is garbage tonight and the comp d search only yielded turbo results.

Having a issue installing this s400 onto the truck, have a 2nd gen manifold and adapter to t6 however when mounting the turbo it takes out the a/c lines. Pictures I have placed at the bottom of the post.

What can I do to correct this? My brain is fried because of the heat today. And one more question? Guess I will have to build a custom downpipe?
uploadfromtaptalk1405573892592.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405573904290.jpg

Unless you know magic it's obviously not gunna work. What do you expect? Most people use t4 housings which still require custom downpipes. I use a t6 housing on my s400 but I have a straight t6 steed speed manifold and it clears the lines fine.

Let the A/C canister hang free, or zip tie it off to the side to help with clearance. Then get out a piece of pipe, start cutting and welding!

I was thinking a straight manifold however was unsure about turbo placement when that happens. And yep tate I'm going to have to do a custom downpipe no matter what.

It clears the hood by several inches. Stainless diesel sells a down pipe that fits perfect for a kit like that flipped upside down. I think its under $100

Ok flipped the manifold over, the turbo clears everything but the cowl,

I guess I'm going to have to order a steed straight so it sits right.

uploadfromtaptalk1405642109268.jpg

Damn I was gonna say flip the manifold also. Ya you're in a tough spot. If you really wanted to save the $$ you could pretty easily fab up a little adapter that you could angle to get the turbo where you want it. You'd need a few flanges and a short piece of rectangular tubing.

My welding Budds were looking at making a adapter but it would have to be a 90 or something along those lines. I've already called and he has a idea for me

My welding Budds were looking at making a adapter but it would have to be a 90 or something along those lines. I've already called and he has a idea for me

Or angle it the other way, towards the direction that the downpipe is going to go. As long as you have room before the compressor housing hits the hood, you'd be fine.

As in the equivalent of shimming the front two bolts on your T6 foot. Front two meaning towards the front of the truck.

That'd put your air filter where your stock second battery is.

It clears the hood by several inches. Stainless diesel sells a down pipe that fits perfect for a kit like that flipped upside down. I think its under $100

Stainless doesny sell a downpipe to fit that last time i talked to Amy last month about it.

I didnt realize he was going to run a 5" down pipe. I just now paid attention to the exhaust housing flange. That could get tricky..

Last edited:
Back