S400 on 6.7

Ben46a

Puller wannabe
Will it fit on a CR manifold? or will i have to go with a 2nd gn manifold? If thats the case will i have to cut the bleeder pipe for the cooling system for clearance? Thanks for any pointers!

a few places sell block off kits for the water pipes

are you running a T4 or T6 S400? I would run a 2nd gen manifold, way easier IMO

Second gen, all the way. We rerouted my coolant lines and removed the bleed pipe. You will love it thow:Cheer:

The Factory 6.7l Manifold Doesnt Have A Normal T3 Foot On It, You Have To Go With A 2g Or 3g 5.9cr Manifold Anyways...

How big an S400 you wanting??

You could try a HE551VE if you're looking for something in the 2.8" range...factory VGT control should be possible with that big of charger...

Chris

We put a second gen manifold with a t3/t4 adapter to a t4 s468 from ED. Not pleased with the turbo but none the less it is a s400 on a 6.7.

We already had the T3 manifold so that is what we worked with. I would agree if you are getting a new one get a t4

I try to stay away from CF as much as possible, how do you like your turbo? When does it get 10psi 1800-2100? I did read the thread did you ever get it to spool better pulling some timing should have helped.

S475 does good on mine, but I am running a 48re. I haven't tried towing but cruising at 70 boost stays around 8psi., half throttle will put you in the seat.

The Factory 6.7l Manifold Doesnt Have A Normal T3 Foot On It, You Have To Go With A 2g Or 3g 5.9cr Manifold Anyways...
Yep gathered that already, thanks.
How big an S400 you wanting??

You could try a HE551VE if you're looking for something in the 2.8" range...factory VGT control should be possible with that big of charger...

Chris
Yeah already Have a 472 here i was going to put on a duramax. Although your idea does osound appealing, wonder where i could find that at?
S475 does good on mine, but I am running a 48re. I haven't tried towing but cruising at 70 boost stays around 8psi., half throttle will put you in the seat.

Well it sounds like its gonna be fun!

boost fooler = yes.

after 40ish psi the factory map freaks out and the truck does strange things

Yep gathered that already, thanks.

Yeah already Have a 472 here i was going to put on a duramax. Although your idea does osound appealing, wonder where i could find that at?

Well it sounds like its gonna be fun!

I know where one is...

Chris

I try to stay away from CF as much as possible, how do you like your turbo? When does it get 10psi 1800-2100? I did read the thread did you ever get it to spool better pulling some timing should have helped.

Actually backing the timing helped alot I hit 10psi around 1500ish at around half throttle. Waiting on some studs before putting the pedal through the floor.

Actually backing the timing helped alot I hit 10psi around 1500ish at around half throttle. Waiting on some studs before putting the pedal through the floor.

Yea studs are a must on the 6.7 625's are the way to go. I figured pulling timing would help, I love all the people over there giving advice on a turbo they have never even had on their truck :doh: anyway glad you like the turbo let us know how it works once you get the studs in.

Yeah that is why I really only talked to 2 people who had similiar turbo's when I was selecting mine.

Back