s467 or s472?

Can you get a 467.7 fmw in a 3rd gen style cover?

Is this the type of housing you were thinking about??
I don't remember if they had one for the smaller (less than 72mm) S400 units or not. I do remember this was a larger A/R .66 cover.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392920429.509030.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392920438.257132.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392920446.157493.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392920453.173641.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that's the one, now to find out if I can get that in the 67.

Got some info coming for ya. It's not available in that size YET. But possibility coming around April. If you're willing to wait and the price isn't too bad.

Probably a stupid question but why would you want it in a 3rd gen style cover?
What are the advantages or drawbacks to that?

It would eliminate the need to buy an extra flange and have it welded on to run the 90* v-band elbow on the current race cover, it would also be one less place to develop a boost leak. That being said I feel the v-band elbow gives you more options for positioning on install.

Got all my parts the other day. Should be able to get it all on today. Excited to compare my results with those that have a log type manifold. More to follow.

Got all my parts the other day. Should be able to get it all on today. Excited to compare my results with those that have a log type manifold. More to follow.

Lucky! Still waiting on my 467. I have everything else. the truck is already torn down waiting on it to get here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Yea mine was on back order for a good 3 weeks. Then FedEx lost my install kit. lol So anyways, I've definitely had a few set backs but I got it pretty much installed today. Ended up having to delete the second battery. All I have left to do tomorrow is the exhaust and intake piping. Here's a teaser picture.

Header2_zps0d13eb04.jpg

Yup, looks like the one I installed a year ago. It will turn a gold color withing a few days.

Yup, looks like the one I installed a year ago. It will turn a gold color withing a few days.

Any issues with cracking on the runners? Had a few like this on my cars over the years and they all seem to crack in similar spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed it on a friends truck well over a year ago and it's still holding together. It may be over two years ago, hard to keep track of.

I installed it on a friends truck well over a year ago and it's still holding together. It may be over two years ago, hard to keep track of.

Good to know. Did the second battery have to go as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I ended up not getting much seat time to speak of. Been busy preparing cause I'm heading to the field for the next 6 weeks, but I did run to the store tonight. So far this thing is a night and day difference from the Silver Bullet. I love it! Spools around 1500-1600. EGTs with the SB would get to around 1000* accelerating at half throttle, now they struggle to get to 750*. All with a very noticeable difference in power. Again I apologize for the lack of information but when I get back I'll be sure to add a more detailed write up.

Header3_zps4836a8c4.jpg

Back