Salt Lake City Drag Race Aug 7

I get sick of the 2am pulls. :bang We need a diesel association out here that can do us better than these local pulling associations who don't really give a hoot about us when we are the reason for the crowd.$.02

If you think for a second Im gonna haul my super street truck all the way to Cali for you to whip my butt with your truck you've lost your mind haha!!

Trust me, if you have a race and pull here people will come. Just put it on the boards and a lot will commit. I know of 20+ guys that were bummed of no drag race. Once they hear it is on again..well to put it simply. :rockwoot:

I'll be there to race.

I had a good chat with Ron today, and he wants to do a sled pull out here. The one problem is, sled rental... They want an arm and a leg to rent a sled out this way. Plus he wants to know there will be a good turn out at the pull. DHRA only had about 30 trucks show up last year, and that just doesn't cut it to pay for the track, and sled rental. I informed him that at the same time as this event, there was a pull in Idaho, and Wyoming, and also August black out was going on all on the same day. I believe if there is nothing else going on on the day a event is scheduled we will have an awesome turnout. So, anyone interested in pulling needs to post up and let him know what kind of response there will be in getting a pull out this way... WITH PAYOUTS!!! So, lets hear it. He was also talking about possibly sponsoring one of the clubs out here to give the diesels a payout in order to see what that might bring. If there is a good showing of trucks, who knows, maybe we can have an NADM National event out here next year. :rockwoot:

you sure about that? i know of quite a few that would have come. i think it would have been worth while.

"Sure", "I think it will", etc all translates to NADM gambling purse money for other events that we KNOW will have enough.
Of course if the pullers step up and put it the sled rental money, that would change things...

Always open for ideas and negotiations!!!

California, don't forget we are working with Craig Johnson on a pull, he just needs to quit slacking and get it announced!l

California, don't forget we are working with Craig Johnson on a pull, he just needs to quit slacking and get it announced!l

Sleddy calling Craig a slacker:doh:he's bigger than you dudeLOL

I am in for a pull & racing you will have a overall better event/turnout and more people will travel for a 2 day event. If they are doing the monster trucks saturday in the oval track they will be hauling dirt in anyhow and could have both events on the same day. They used to have pulls with the monster trucks here years ago in the salt palace and e center. The monster trucks may even want to add a event to there show and help keep cost down and draw a bigger crowd ?

I am in for a pull & racing you will have a overall better event/turnout and more people will travel for a 2 day event. If they are doing the monster trucks saturday in the oval track they will be hauling dirt in anyhow and could have both events on the same day. They used to have pulls with the monster trucks here years ago in the salt palace and e center. The monster trucks may even want to add a event to there show and help keep cost down and draw a bigger crowd ?

wow he does get on here once in a whileLOL

I think the mileage factor might be better in Utah for some from AZ, NV, and CA rather than Canada...

hey matt, you and me heads up race????? not a challenge, i just want to see how i would run with that dmax. hopefully you dont hand me my a**.

Back