Salt Lake City Drag Race Aug 7

I have no problems with the rules they need to be there, but one thing to consider would be to invite a few freek diesel trucks we have in this area for exibition, like a 72 chev 8v92 detroit, 79 ford high boy with a dt466, 3 smoker tractors & rumor of a quad turbo 6 wheel big truck ? Also focus on inviting the stock/street trucks, many didnt pull the last RMR event because they were intimidated by the big "Utah Nationals" title? After the pull they anounced a pull for fun for $10 a hook and 15-20+ trucks out of the parking lot pulled.

Also focus on inviting the stock/street trucks, many didnt pull the last RMR event because they were intimidated by the big "Utah Nationals" title? After the pull they anounced a pull for fun for $10 a hook and 15-20+ trucks out of the parking lot pulled.

This is basically what I was getting at.
I completely understand safety equipment. Last year I ran in the 2.8 class with 3.0 safety equipment.
The 2.6 turbo problem we had may have just been a plug issue but it was a little ridiculous.
I do know there were some Midwest trucks that were coming to Utah and ended up in Canada that weekend. Not sure on how many though that's hard to say.

This is basically what I was getting at.
I completely understand safety equipment. Last year I ran in the 2.8 class with 3.0 safety equipment.
The 2.6 turbo problem we had may have just been a plug issue but it was a little ridiculous.
I do know there were some Midwest trucks that were coming to Utah and ended up in Canada that weekend. Not sure on how many though that's hard to say.
They failed a 2.6" truck we had that should have passed so I had them throw a set of calipers on the 2.6" plug and it was 2.600" the 2.65" plug NADM is using should help with this issue.

I don't currently own a diesel pickup, but will be bringing one to compete in one of the events. From wat Ron was saying, it is way too expensive to host a pull at the track. I wonder if we could get United to host a pull somewhere close to the track on saturday. Maybe West Jordon, or maybe even Tooele if they would be willing to do a second show for the year. Heck even Farmington is only 20 minutes away

I think Ron at the track told me Wide Open hosts a diesel street class every other Friday or Saturday night - you might want to check with track or Zane about it! Practice up!!!

True. Every street legal race on the schedule, Wide Open Performance sponsors a diesel only class. Come out and race!

True. Every street legal race on the schedule, Wide Open Performance sponsors a diesel only class. Come out and race!

I'm sure you will get your share of trucks out to drag race every other friday, but we are mostly talking about getting more sponsored events for drag racing and sled pulling.

does anyone have a scedule of when these races begin?

Here is your link to the events at the strip
http://www.rmrracing.com/2009/schedule/2009-Schedule-ALL.htm
First race is APR 17th

Last edited:
Why don't we schedule get togethers around the already diesel only class events by Wide Open Performance? maybe i should start another thread too?

Why don't we schedule get togethers around the already diesel only class events by Wide Open Performance? maybe i should start another thread too?

I hit a few of the wide open diesel classes last year i plan on hitting every one this year . and you can run midnight drags after as well . might even be no charge cant remember .looks to be 12 races thats pretty good imop .

well i stand no chance against your truck, i'll just come watch i guess.

its bracket racing everone has a equal chance .your competing against yourself and being consistant .i can dial in a 12.0 run a 12.3 and you dial in a 17.0 and run a 17.1 you would win the race slower trucks kill us fast guys in brackets because its easier to be consistant .

tentnell i was kidding loosing wouldn't stop me from racing. But good to know. What time do they start do you know?

Sounds good, all we have to do is find somewhere to have them... maybe just at the track, before the races.

Sounds good, all we have to do is find somewhere to have them... maybe just at the track, before the races.

Great idea guys, support Wide Open on his class at the track and it will show the track it is worth having us out to organize diesel events with them.

Start grouping together and believe I am working on some pulls from another source out there. Already spent about 4 hours talking to promoters in the 4 state area.

RK

Back