Saying hello from Alabama

crewchief_chick

Hey everyone,
Saying hello from Huntsville Alabama! I have an 03 5.9 2500 quad cab 4x4 that I bought in July after an almost-decade long absence from the diesel community. Last truck was an 07 Duramax that I had bought new and totaled in in July 2012.

Looking forward to networking and learning more about the capabilities of my truck as I work through some maintenance issues and get him ready for another 500,000 mi. He’s currently at 413k. “Supposedly” the original owner had already done the injectors and rebuilt the transmission, but without paperwork, we all know how that is!

Aw sht Rocket City! I just started working In Guntersville, but I had been in Madison County for the last 10 years or so.

I can almost bet money the trans has been rebuilt lol

Or if it sings out of the oil cap like an opera cross your fingers and keep rolling like I do.

I think Jason once told me, “They’ll run loose for a long time” lmao

Currently I’m dealing with a crank and no start issue that after a week of troubleshooting and being unable to diagnose, I finally raised the white flag and hauled it to the shop

What shop you using?

Good group of folks here willing to help. Try not to pull your hair out.

What shop you using?

Good group of folks here willing to help. Try not to pull your hair out.

It’s at RNB in Madison. They did me right getting a royally stuck valve cover bolt out of the back right hand side (ended up having to call Tim Beverly to weld a tang on it).

I won’t go to the shop in Athens or the one in Decatur after being rudely treated by the head of their service Dept over the phone yesterday

Back