SBC DD 3600# What does Pete charge to fix it?

tristan21

REVO smarty slipped the clutch a little doin 3rd gear launches in 4wd. Bad clutch stench like when I burned my stocker.

Whats that gonna cost me to get resurfaced? Im I shot for the sled pulls? I dont know that TNT is crazy. I hit 130mph before I let out and it was still pullin.:rockwoot:

I think there is a guy around here that resurfaces them for 300 bucks. Don't quote me on that but I think that is what I heard he does them for. He isn't peter though and don't know what kind of warranty you get. With as much power as you pushing I would maybe go with something a little bit bigger? How many pulls you gonna do?

Are you sure it's shot? Mine took a lot of slipping to kill. By a lot I mean 14-16 launches with white clutch smoke everywhere, even after it was parked.

Nope I just got that smell. OOOOooohh that smell. It might be alright It still will lay a track on the pavement pretty good but I have been told many times that once you slip it enough to smell it your on borrowed time. That hold true?

Im only gonna pull a handfull at best maybe 3-5 times, a few drag strip passes and some dyno play if all goes well, Kman

Your best bet would be to call Peter (800-988-4345) for prices. He's really cool to deal with on his products. Might be less than you'd expect. Or You could just run it untill it's junk and upgrade to a higher plate load.

Bout 750 for a full rebuild I think- but yours is probly fine.

Thanks for the response. Couple of launches this morning gave no smell. I didnt do anything different so I dont know why It was so much. Then again I guess I did have that one run over 125mph. Think that was it. Does it slip more when its in the higher gears.

I believe you are fine- call Peter to be sure- he is a great guy- and stands tall behind Southbend Clutches.

Sometimes the flywheel will get glazed and it needs to be slipped a second or so to help it out. Definitely call Peter and ask.

Back