school bus 12v?

NELSON359

trying to keep up
hey guy and gals i came across a bunch of 12v engines and p7100 pumps. They are all from school buses i was just wondering are these p pumps any good i know they are p pumps but dont know if the hp is the same as the trucks. i have not had time to go check the numbers on the pumps i was just seeing if any body has used any of these before? thanks for the help.

Pretty sure the buses are 230 hp. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. They are different in their fuel curve though

Now the fuel curve can that be changed by the fuel plate or is that some thing esl?

If they are like the one I have then its a 190 hp. They have notched plungers and I made 450 rwhp off the one I have.

yes they work, basically the pump is like a 160 pump, and I think you'll need to get a rear sump pan and pickup. other than that they work.

I have a 190 pump from a bus. It has 9mm plungers. Also they have heavier governor weights. To work on a truck you're also going to need the dodge throttle linkage on the side of the pump.

Last edited:
The oil pan, thermostat housing, and flywheel housings are different. Mine came with 12 mm B&P and 131 dv's

I have a 190 pump from a bus. It has 9mm plungers. Also they have heavier governor weights. To work on a truck you're also going to need the dodge throttle linkage on the side of the pump.

9mm plungers .... Umm no. Have two pumps here 230 and 190 both 12mms.

My 12v is out of a Ford bus. It had a 230hp pump with 12mm plungers. There are so many variations of these things though, it's hard to tell what you have. But it should list everything on the specification plate.

Get some numbers off the pump. All the buses at my work have 190 pumps and in ford buses fwiw

Some of these pumps could have a RSV govenor verses the RSVK like the Dodge pickups which would explain the 11mm vs 12mm. Like mentioned above the pans, flywheel housing and such are different but they can be bought.

thanks guys i will looking at all the pumps Sunday and i will wright down the numbers and post them. The guy will only sell every thing at once so i might be selling some engines and pumps and two trans not sure what trans they are tho.

does any one live in southern maryland that knows of a good trans shop mine went again. There is a guy that lives close named Wade Moody i have gotten a price from him and was thinking about going with him didnt know if yal knew of any one els.

Back