Score in cylinder wall.

saltyfly88

Have any of you guys had a scored cylinder wall, I'm changing the headgasket on my truck and cylinder n1 has a score I it. It's not very deep, barely catches a fingernail. And it's one one score, doesn't look fresh, looks like its been the awhile. Lol

I just found it odd, 130k on the truck. I just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this in there motor. I'm probably just gonna put it back together. Just wanted your input.

If its not very deep just run a dingleberry hone through it to scuff the cylinder walls and put it back together.

run it... if there is no noticeable drop in performance, all it will do is drive you mad thinking about it, put the head back on an run it.

If it's big enough to catch a fingernail (barely or not) it is reason suspect something has gone wayward and needs to be adressed.

Do not touch the cylinder with a dingleberry hone. Fix it rite or don't fix it at all.

I pulled this out of an engine that had a scored cylinder wall, it was scored a little worse but shows what could happen.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362380811.659045.jpg
It smoked a little too.

Back