Scotty II intake on twins?

gman99

Well I've got some time on my hands recovering from surgery so I have been spending my time researching for my upcoming twin build. I already have a box S475 with a billet wheel. I think I am going to run my ported hx35. It has mods done similar to garmons turbine porting and I drilled the divider and wastegate port.

Question is I have a Scotty 2 intake and I really like the design. However I've never seen one run in a twin setup. Is there a reason for this? Seems like the cooler intake air could help all the interstage heat I keep hearing about on twin setups.

If anyone has any input I would appreciate it!

:Cheer::

Biggest reason not too is the 5" intake on the turbo doesn't jive with the typically 4" filter and hose. Generally easier to just run an open filter. There was a guy on DTR from Saskatchewan who built twins and kept his Scotty intake.

Probably require the use of new plumbing to connect between the housing and the larger primary inlet.

Twould be an interesting (simple) fab thread.... do it.

So being a 4 inch filter and probably down on flow a little does anyone think that out weighs the benefits of having cooler intake air? :Cheer:

...honest opinion...

I'd leave the Scotty intake unmolested and stash it, then get the absolute largest filter that would fit with the new plumbing. its better to let them breathe

I talked with Scotty back in the day about all this. No reason it won't work, but at some point the filter does become too small.

Simple really. But, as long as it doesn't try to collapse the filter, you're golden. And you still get that Scotty II sound!

Chris

Add the factory vacume gauge to your filter and check after a couple of hard runs.

Depending on what filter is chosen for twins, I could agree.

I always ran a 5" x 24" AFE, which is about the biggest you can fit easily....but I have seen some pretty cheap and small filters used with self made twin sets....the filter in the Scotty II would be bigger than a lot of those.

Chris

I have a Scotty II as well and would like to use it in an up coming small twin project. Please keep us informed.

Back