SCT Problems

krysafk42

Guys i need some help my son bought a SCT Flash Device #9415 for his 2005 F350 6.0 and when you download it the truck will not start and we tried every program in it when you turn the key to start it starts for about a half a secound and dies so we puy it back to stock it is fine. We keep trying to call SCT direct and we get no answer or to busy. Thanks For Any Help Frank

:bangdoes anyone no anything about this SCT does the truck need to be reflashed before it will work on my truck because an bully dog try it before you buy it would make a deffernce how much doe's a reflash cost to do???? FRANK:bang:bang:bang:bang:nos::banned::banned::charger::charger::tree::tree::rockwoot::rockwoot::hehe::banned:

just flash it to the custom device on the SCT website, call DJ or Doug and spend the 50-100$ on their custom tunes and be done with it. Call them and they will walk you through everything
Doug-954-275-6801
Dj-352-528-0688

:bangdoes anyone no anything about this SCT does the truck need to be reflashed before it will work on my truck because an bully dog try it before you buy it would make a deffernce how much doe's a reflash cost to do???? FRANK:bang:bang:bang:bang:nos::banned::banned::charger::charger::tree::tree::rockwoot::rockwoot::hehe::banned:

Have you called the place you bought your XCal from?

SCT Flash Device

Yes i called XDP where i got from and they said it was the truck because i tried that bully dog try before you buy and it has corrupted my pcm. So i took it to the dealership and paid 75.00 bucks to reflash it. then i get home and try it again and it did the samething as before. heres is what the box say's on it, it is a SF PCM FLASH TOOL SF STRATEGY FLASH DEVICE and at the bottom of the front it says 1999+Vehicles only not applicable for Diesels. So the way i read it, it will not work on diesels. I called XtremeDiesel who i purchased it and they said send it back because it sounds like this unit must be blank no programs on it and they want me to pay for a the shipping back to them then back to me and i told them thats not right if this sct is blank or where is says at the bottom not for diesels thats not my fault not very good customer support in my opinion, i half to spend 20.00 to send it back and i got !!!! is there anyone out there that sells these with good support and trust. Sorry for venting but i am diabled on fixed income and 20.00 is alot to me. Thanks everyone on this site for the help here. Frank

Last edited:
Yes i called XDP where i got from and they said it was the truck because i tried that bully dog try before you buy and it has corrupted my pcm. So i took it to the dealership and paid 75.00 bucks to reflash it. then i get home and try it again and it did the samething as before. heres is what the box say's on it, it is a SF PCM FLASH TOOL SF STRATEGY FLASH DEVICE and at the bottom of the front it says 1999+Vehicles only not applicable for Diesels. So the way i read it, it will not work on diesels. I called XtremeDiesel who i purchased it and they said send it back because it sounds like this unit must be blank no programs on it and they want me to pay for a the shipping back to them then back to me and i told them thats not right if this sct is blank or where is says at the bottom not for diesels thats not my fault not very good customer support in my opinion, i half to spend 20.00 to send it back and i got !!!! is there anyone out there that sells these with good support and trust. Sorry for venting but i am diabled on fixed income and 20.00 is alot to me. Thanks everyone on this site for the help here. Frank

I would send it back and tell them to keep it! Buy one from someone else

Hi,

Did you buy a used unit? SCT doesn't have new Xcal2's any more. The 9415 is a flash device and should work with all vehicles regardless of whether they are gas or diesel. If they give you a hard time about returning it, have them exchange it for a new X3. With the X3 you can download both preprogrammed and custom tunes. With the Xcal2 9415, you can only download one or the other.

Let us know if we can help.
Thanks,
Vivian

Thanks for all the info I sent it back and it was a flash device not a xcal2 and I am waiting for them to credit my account and i'm going to get the xcal3 and get some custum tunes put on it. Thanks everyone Frank

New Sct Xcal3

Well i got the new xcal3 with three custom and three programed that comes with it. Now with this new one it does the same thing the preprograms load them and go to start the truck and it starts then dies as fast as you let go of the key. Now when we go to the custom loads, and it takes them in fine but on two of the programs there is no differance at all just like we didn't load anything, but one custom program the truck did shift alot harder. So i am really stuck because i don't think it is the sct i think it is in the truck i had it flashed after the last one we had and when i bought this one i gave them the new strategy before they loaded this one. One more thing would a remote starter have anything to do with any of this just trying to think of evarything i can and i know this shouldn't be this hard to do. I wish we had a sct dealer here to see what it is doing because it is hard to do over the phone and internet but we will keep trying. Thanks Frank:banghead::banghead:

Hi Frank,

Did you get it worked out?

Thanks,
Vivian

Back