Selecting a set of twins for a 12v.

bellabulldog

So I'm unhappy with my performance of my truck, too doggy down low. Numerous threads have stated the issues with a big single (sxe369) and 12v's especially, I thought that by adding a diverter valve that could be mitigated some but I'm still disappointed. Combine that with high altitude and summer temperatures and it has been a disappointment.

I think my engine currently is set up for a mild build and would like to optimize the turbo (SXE369) to the engine (181/210 cam), fuel flow (set @ 500cc), and converter (stall is 2500). My build is listed in my signature.

Since the SXE369 allegedly flows +100lbs/min just like a S475 could it be retained and used as a primary? I've never heard of a S300/S300 twin set before?

I've heard a K27 turbo as a secondary from PDD as a recommendation to couple with a SXE369. Just throwing stuff out there, would a SXE257 since it flows about 64lbs/min be something to even consider? Everyone these days seems to be going s300/s400, is a s300/s300 or even a s200/s300 viable on a 12v?

In short I want to retain my 3.55 gearing with my smaller wheels so I can still fit into my garage, I want lightning quick response low end and decent top end.

What are my options and what are the pros/cons of each?

Thanks,

Andrew

A stock hx35 with your 369 would get the job done, or sell your turbo and get a set with a tight 57mm over something like a 70mm s400 with a turbine other than the 96. It will be quick spooling and make 500hp with ease, fun to drive.

I don't think you need a 2500 stall converter. A 2200 stall would be good enough to make that 69 very driveable. If you went with an HE351, or S357, or anything that spools damn near off idle, I'd leave the stall stock.

Actually, I would go 200rpm lower than stock (that's what I did and love it).

Honestly I think a 357/367(or 369) setup would be a really fun daily driver. You're just going to be limited top end by how small the high pressure turbo is.

Have you considered a supercharger/turbocharger combo. Just keep the 69 and supercharge it as well.

Back