sent PM's

Abrannan19

NOBAMA 09-12
any update on the situation with the sent PM's being saved in 'outbox' like I have it setup to do in account options?!?! its a real PITA to remember to click 'save in sent file' for each PM when I have all of my other forums set up to do so without having to click each individual message.

I just like to keep track of pm's incoming and outgoing.

thanks

Adam, Dude take 2 of theses.. LOL

chill_pill.jpg

The guy that wrote the hack has not returned any of my PM's/e-mails. I just haven't had a chance to look at it.. I'll try this week.

well..if it was me talking about an EGR delete..in a thread..that mofo would be gone within 12secs of the post..

its all good though..I would just like to get the issue fixed

Sounds like someone has hacked the template. If an admin wants to change it...

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Private Message Templates -> pm_newpm

That's where it lives. Search on "savecopy" and see what the arguments are.

The original VB saves a copy of the PM to the Sent folder. I added a hack, so that it wouldn't save a copy. Most users here are happy with this. In the user CP there is an option to save the copy anyway, Unfortunately the hack isn't working correctly so it saving the copy when you check it.

The original VB saves a copy of the PM to the Sent folder. I added a hack, so that it wouldn't save a copy. Most users here are happy with this. In the user CP there is an option to save the copy anyway, Unfortunately the hack isn't working correctly so it saving the copy when you check it.

I just deleted my other post. I just realized that. Our profiles are showing save as default. But the new pm template needs to be modified to save. Or back out the hack you installed. Using the default is better in this case. You could also hack the registration templates if you wanted to disable the check mark from the start.

Most people don't want to save a copy to there folder because it counts owards there total PM's allowed. Thats why we added the hack. If you want to save a copy all you have to do is check the box when you send.

As I said Most people are happy with it not saving a copy of the sent PM.

well..that sucks..

is there any way and individual can change just their settings?

there is no way that vendor here (not me) that reply to PM's would not want to have a copy of what the sent and individual..

like I said its a repetitious thing..ALL the other forums save automatically.. to have to remember to click save is a hassle.. once you click send its too late..thats normally when I remember.

All the other forums use the factor default.. a Majority of the members here asked for the save a copy to be removed. I've been in contact with the guy that wrote the hack, he hasn't had a chance to look at it yet.

No problem I want it to work right...I'm just at the mercy of the guy that wrote the hack right now.

Back