SFI Bellhousings for Torqshift.

PSDPlayer

Captain Negativity!
So since I would be needing an SFI bellhousing for a Torqshift. I went ahead and made one. This is the 5R110 Bellhousing being printed in plastic for it to be cast into aluminum to be sent out for SFI approval. This bellhousing will allow compliance for NHRA to actually run at one of there events if you are going fast enough which is what we are rapidly approaching. Dodge Pattern is done. GM pattern is done. These will fit our converters. This will also allow easy swapping of transmissions behind other engines.

All of this started in Solidworks. Then I was able to print them on my 3D printer.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Removed the bell...

picture.php

Printing them in 3D out of plastic to be used to make the casting mold...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some Assembly Required...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here are some more pics... Printed all 5 pieces. Sprayed them with some paint cause we ran out of white and had to use yellow and it looked kinda funny...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This will also allow an easy way to bolt a 4R100 to the back of your 6.0L if you are so inclined and will meet SFI 30.1 for a flex plate shield.

Why not just use a certified bell housing blanket instead of building a whole new bell housing...would the rules let ya do that? Only reason i'm asking is because i know alot of the bigger diesel trucks and tractors in my area have to have a certified fly wheel and a certified bell housing blanket for truck pulling.

Blanket is for the case. Shield is for the bellhousing. This eliminates the need to add the shield and becomes part of the case. If you break the case and have a shield this is a way cheaper alternative.

Pretty cool. What printer do you guys use over there? How many 6.0 parts do you have drawn up in SW? Awesome!

I have a Dimension 1200ES. Got quite a few things drawn up.

bolt it on and see how long it lasts now dougy! LOL

not sure that plastic is SFI...lol

I shot some paint on it to cover the neon yellow section. Ran out of the white material. Already had another yellow cartridge. Looking at having it cast in A356 aluminum. The pattern is there for torqshift and modular motors since in diesel the started is bolted to the back plate and mod motors have the starter bolted to the bell.

do i understand correctly that the 6.0 is the same bolt pattern as modular motors. I dont plan on doing any swapping just asking? Could a 5R110 with this new bell be bolted to a 4.6?

Since 6.8 V10 gets one. 4.6 will as well. The idea is that the Modular motor 4r100 case needs a bellhousing as well. The 6.0L has a couple of different bolt holes. But its pretty close to a mod motor since we bolted a torqshift case to the back of a 4.6 while looking at some stuff. The 6.0 uses different upper bolt locations.

Back