Shawn Baca's cummins Does 2k

So horsepower, isn't "real" unless it is sustained? Is this the whole argument? Why not make dragsters run a mile, or sled pullers run 1000 feet?

It isn't real if it isn't used. How about you try it from that angle? It's obvious that marketing is your main objective.

It isn't real if it isn't used. How about you try it from that angle? It's obvious that marketing is your main objective.
Its used to make the dyno show over 2000 hp..... I know where you are coning from but the fact remains that on the same day on the same dyno as dozens of other people he put down a couple hundred hp more than the nearest competitor, its obviously making power!

Its used to make the dyno show over 2000 hp..... I know where you are coning from but the fact remains that on the same day on the same dyno as dozens of other people he put down a couple hundred hp more than the nearest competitor, its obviously making power!

I didn't say he never hit that number. I get it, some people just like to play on the dyno and do nothing else with the truck. Some people like to nail their sister, too. It's just not for me. And it's difficult to see the appeal in it.

And your time slips say what?

My timeslips say 2012 dude. I haven't done anything lately, or claim to...just sticking up for someone who threw some stuff together to make a big number. I talked to Baca at Scheid and he was really cool. Just said he did the best with what he had, and wasn't afraid to blow it up. Don't see why that is a problem on a website called competitiondiesel.

My timeslips say 2012 dude. I haven't done anything lately, or claim to...just sticking up for someone who threw some stuff together to make a big number. I talked to Baca at Scheid and he was really cool. Just said he did the best with what he had, and wasn't afraid to blow it up. Don't see why that is a problem on a website called competitiondiesel.

Because sitting on the rollers isn't a competition.

Imo It's like the Luke Bryan of country , gets tons of AirPlay and recognition while real artists get none .
Put one video on Facebook and all the Cummings fans create the best advertising you can get for free.
Probably sold 1000 phatshafts off the video alone

I don't get why they even bother putting it in the truck. Just engine dyno, save a lot of time, and money, and you don't have to worry about keeping a DD and drivetrain alive. Plus it looks even cooler to see an engine make 2k+ on the engine dyno.

All I am saying is if that's what floats his boat then let him do it.

I'm not into just watching Dyno events but that does not mean that there are not plenty of people that are.

At first he said II's truck made passes. But nothing about Baca's. Now Baca's has made runs, but he doesn't want to show any times? What is he trying to hide?

Shawn always pushes things to max and he's not trying to hide anything. That truck is nasty powerful. The problem now is, at this power level t/c's and transmission internals don't hold together on the strip.

Last edited:
Back