Shop in Belleville IL / St Louis MO

C-350

Anyone know of a good shop around the Belleville, IL / St Louis, MO areas? I'm new around here and I'm willing to drive but I need a lot of work done (electrical, engine, mechanical). I was referred to Dave Schmidt in Belleville by Diesel Fuel Injection Service in St Louis.

I have a laundry list (literally) but the highlights are:

- Engine is loosing oil (2 quarts over an 8-month period) / blowing a little white smoke when engine not cold (had all injectors replaced in 2010, wouldn't mind having the p-pump tested) / unable to use meth kit
- Rattling in the front end (something in the suspension, noticed a small rattle years ago but now its a big rattle over the smallest bumps)
- Electrical issues with left rear-passenger door (lock and window), keyless running switch and semi horn are inop, pillar engine temp not consistently working when towing, dash oil gauge not accurate (not even close)
- Throttle overly responsive when towing (past issues with throttle springs, want to know if they can be reinforced)
- Transmission occasionally tough to shift into second from neutral and 1st
- Steering issues (wouldn't mind spending for a new gearbox and shaft)

So. Ill. Diesel in Carbondale, IL is a great shop and Paul goes the extra mile for his customers. Owner is Paul Cato and the number is 618-751-4262, he is actually in Marion but is moving to the old Dodge dealership in Carbondale.

So. Ill. Diesel in Carbondale, IL is a great shop and Paul goes the extra mile for his customers. Owner is Paul Cato and the number is 618-751-4262, he is actually in Marion but is moving to the old Dodge dealership in Carbondale.
^^^bingo

Not sure how far your willing to take it but Baillie diesel in nixa no bout 3 hours south

Thanks guys! I called Paul and I'm going to go over there Friday.

Last edited:
Back