Should I stay or should I go

I had a gt4202r on my street truck and replaced it with a wh1c over a gt4208 journal bearing. spoolup and power are both significantly better. with the 4202r alone I never cleaned up at all, tons of smoke, new set up almost cleans up completely, and probably will clean up totally at lower elevations. I would imagine that a set up the size you are thinking about would be way more powerful than your current setup.

large14251NOS.jpg

Buy one of the these black nitrous tanks and mount it in the bed. Problem solved.

I ran a 13 twice, but also ran 5 high 12's right after that LOL

Spend the money on some traction, once you get the first hit at the track and you pull up to the ticket box and they hand you a time slip that is lower than a 13 your gonna have a fire under your ass for more speed all over again! You bet your ass is going to try to throw that 100mm + turbo on after a few hits. Just you wait...

You say this not knowing what I have done for traction LOL, neXt time at the track it should hook and fly. Oh and also learned that forced makes a 89mm wheel for the gt55 that flows 145lbs vs the 132 of the 83-84

Last edited:
After talking to Jose I'm going to do the twins, he has an upgrade for my gt55 with an 89mm wheel that will flow over 145lbs a min. He also mentioned there is a .83 t4 housing for the 63/68 which would make this thing even more fun/quick spooling. Going to drive it for a bit with the big single while I gather parts and will do a comparison of the gt4202 with a s475, but it won't be the final setup.

In that case Cliff mentioned he'd like $5000 for it. Should be no problem for you.

What exhaust housing are you running on that 4202? Just curious. I have one I plan on trying out as a single.

1.01 t4, it works great don't get me wrong but my projects are never done if ya know what I mean.

Back