Shuttering issue

Gunnin

Just A Wannabe
I am having a problem with my truck shuttering hard about 3 or 4 times at around 45 mph to 50 mph. It only does this under really hard throttle. It also did this while towing 14K pound trailer and really hard throttle. I'm not really sure but several local guys think that its the input shaft in the transmission. Im hoping not cause I dont want to replace the transmission right now.

I dont think its axle wrap as it has just started in the last 2 weeks and I've owned the truck for 3 years and have never had the problem before.

The input shaft? LOL

Most likely your converter/tranny is going out.

my 98.5 was doin stuff like that a lot. 160k on original tranny. converter finally shattered the clutches and took tranny with it. it sounds like converter to me. catch it early and save yourself a good amount of money

Thanks guys! I'm away on business right now however when I get home I'll pull the transmission and check the tc, as it seems what you guys are pointing towards. :thankyou2:

Speaking of the converter does anyone know where a triple disk converter could be found cheap?

I found them last night while looking around and I think i'll get one of them. I'm saving money right now and hope to put a fully built tranny in during the summer.

Back