Sicks what psi to run ?

trentnell

I have the MT ET street's 305/45R18's and just ran for the first time on them last weekend mustered up a 1.64 60ft . PSI was 36 front and 30 rear , still seemed to hold the weight easily was thinking about trying lower . what psi is working well for you guys . i am hoping to get into the 1.5's at a slippery track ( RMR )

I run 18 in my falken street tires with no ill effects,, so that is about where I would start with those

i run 18-20psi, but im 2wd on 33-10.5's

I run 18 in my falken street tires with no ill effects,, so that is about where I would start with those

thanks guys it seems i can go way down . anyone have thoughts on wether ET or MPH would drop from pushing the low fronts down the track ?

and also has anyone noticed the squish or weight transfer from the rear being to low ?

dont mean to hijack trent, but i have a question, since your on the subject. what psi would you guys recomend for the stocker size tires im running 265/70r17's,im spinning all four for 20ft or so at the line.thanks fella's

I dont notice any difference in MPH if I run alot of PSI, just ET. As for squish, any help you can get there would be good.. some squat is good

I'm 2x4 & run M&H Racemasters @12psi. I tried the M&H DOT's & the were Scary at anything less than 20psi.

Just work down slowly and see what it likes. Big jumps in air pressure can make for a wild ride when your not expecting it!

Try 25front&28 rear psi.

why would you want a uneven contact patch f/r ? the reason behind running the rear tires lower than the front is the rear weigh's less so you want to equal out the contact patch by running lower pressure .
what slick do you run ? what kind of 60's has this method produced ?

2wd - M&H Nostalgia Slicks w/tubes. 12-14psi as these seem to be pretty stiff sidewalls for a slick.

I have the MT ET street's 305/45R18's and just ran for the first time on them last weekend mustered up a 1.64 60ft . PSI was 36 front and 30 rear , still seemed to hold the weight easily was thinking about trying lower . what psi is working well for you guys . i am hoping to get into the 1.5's at a slippery track ( RMR )

Trent i ran my toyo open country a/t's at those exact pressures last time i raced. I think with those slicks you have plenty of room to drop.

28-11.5-16 M/T et ,Best 60ft.is a 1.66.Do you think it would be better with even tire press.

Back