Silver 62

augustus89

I have a Silver 62. 62/74/14 that I am tossing around the idea of selling. I have had this turbo on my truck for right at 10 months now. It was purchased from a good buddy that had it on his truck for appx. 6 months. So all in all, this turbo is right around a year and a half old. I have managed to put down 604/1163 with my mods in my signature, and 507/1010 with stock injectors, stock cp3, AFE intake, straight exhaust, and BDTD. At WOT on my setup, the most I see out of this turbo is low to mid-1400's. It has seen those temps less times than you can count on one hand, and none for a sustained time. Currently wastegated at 45 lbs. Never shut down above 400 degrees. The turbo itself is like previously stated, about a year and a half old, but was rebuilt the day after I bought it. When I purchased the turbo, we swapped my buddy's new turbo onto his truck, and then began my swap. When we were nearing the finish on mine, when we noticed the only oil feed line bracket we had, we used on his turbo. So in an attempt to have my truck running immediately, we "fabbed" out own feed line bracket. Our bracket stripped, allowing a small amount of trash to the bearings (This we didn't know at the time). The turbo had a whine on the test drive, so we drove it back to the garage and pulled it. I had the turbo professionally rebuilt, with all new seals, and II's dual grooved bearings. I have been running the turbo ever since with ZERO problems, and it runs AMAZING. I will upload pictures soon, to show that the turbo has no heat damage, and the polished housing, (that has been polished every couple truck washes lol), still shines very well. ZERO in and out shaft play. Never ran with out filter. I apologize for the long post, just wanting possible buyers to know everything. I hate to get rid of this thing, since it has taken me well past my original goal of 500 hp, but as we all know, the sickness bites hard lol and now I am wanting to throw alot more fuel at it and I know my temps would be out of hand for what I would feel comfortable with, so I am looking to upgrade. I am looking to get $1700 out of this turbo, but am open to offers. I also have an ATS 2 piece exhaust manifold that if the purchaser wanted for an additional $300, I could include.

I am currently running this on my truck, so if a sale goes through, it could be up to 2-3 days before being able to get this in the mail.

PM me with any questions regarding the sale. If needed, I can PM my cell phone number.

Thanks for the interest.

Price is $1500 for the turbo, sorry for any confusion.
Also, I meant to state earlier, that my ford is my primary vehicle these days, so at most I have put 10K on the turbo. Thanks

Last edited:
What's it worth? I said $1500, but open to offers. I've looked in the for sale sections and I don't see any for sale right now, but looking at older posts, they seem to be priced around $1500.

yeah they are around 1400 brand new what i paid for mine with the ss housing for my twins, i would say you will be lucky to get 900 to 1,000 if your lucky. Theres a 64/71/14 right know on here for 800

Well, I guess it may not make as much difference to others as it does me, but if you look at what a super B is capable of, at $1405 brand new, BD's website states it's good for up to 425 hp. Mine is an Industrial Injection Silver 62 $2200 brand new rated on II's website for 650 hp. I know I've yet to see a comparable turbo perform to the lengths that II's Silver series turbos do.

no you dumbasses..i bought a siver 62 for 14 w/the pipe and the clamps/oil line....duh

yeah and mines a 64/71/14 in a set of twins thats pushing 1,000hp and i bought it for 1,400 also brand new.

That seems to make me think my asking price is completly reasonable. A phat shaft 62 new is $1550. A Silver 62 is $2200. Puts my asking price comparable to rollincoals sold price.

Think this guy is just trying to sell his turbo, not ask smartasses if he's asking too much or not.. if you think its too high go on bout ur bizness, if not talk to him about it.. He's just another one of us that can use the cash i imagine..
Here's a bump for ya bud! Wish i had the cash

Back