Simplicity is a great thing.

wes the truck looks great don't worry about what anybody else says as long as you are happy with it that is all that matters..
George

Wes, you have built one bad arse ride, don't let any of the haters put you down :rockwoot:

Crawler said:
I received a PM from a to remain un-named member of the board, that was raking me over the coals pretty bad. Basically telling me that anybody that has the backing (as well as claiming that I must be a trust fund baby) could build the same thing and bashing me for being proud of the truck.

I would love to see the truck that this person rolls in. He probably cant even turn a wrench. I usually find that the clowns that make the most noise don't have a clue what the heck they are talking about. He's probably just some troll looking to start a fight. Don't sweat him. I know how you feel though, it kind of gets at you. People tell me all the time how lucky i am for what i have. I say BS. Luck had nothing to do with it, its called hard work. Good job on the truck, I like it. I've got a 72 chevy and a 95 dodge 4x4 that are soon to share their DNA and have a frankenstein child. After seing your truck, it makes me rethink the project, I might look for a short bed for the chevy and build a street/strip truck, that looks mean.

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again- you make me proud to be a diesel head Wes! The build pictures you posted in the other thread were no less than impressive! Congrats on the maiden voyage!

branodn.

apparently all those who posted before me and myself have given you the utmost in respect, anyone else really dont matter. keep up the good work:rockwoot:

Thanks for all of the compliments folks.

I just came in from OKC for a big NRHA Horse Show. I think I might have to go for a lil drive to relieve some stress :evil :evil :evil

I'm loving this truck more and more.

I'm trying to make some time so that I can go scale it. It feels strong even when "off boost". It's a combo of the weight of the truck, transmission, and head porting. I cant wait to get a chance to really lean on it.

But, that will have to wait for the track. I've yet to get a chance to actually make a boosted launch. Just don't have a suitable place to do it.

Again thanks folks.

~Wes~

Wes...I have no idea who pm'd you with the hate message, but as far as I'm concerned, you can, and should, tell them to go piss up a rope...

Fine looking piece you've built there..:)

Love the flat black.

Good looking truck! I hope that one day I can find the time to build something of that magnitude...

Wes, I didn't know you had a trust fund!??!?! Is that why you had to change your combo MULTIPLE times and ended up with a single turbo on an essentially stock 12v instead of the P-pumped 24v twin turbo'd truck you originally set out to build? is that why you've got those discount black steelies up front? is that why this truck took you years to build?

player haters are always going to hate...

I've known Wes for a good while now, and while he didn't grow up in the ghetto, he's a very hard working kid and is NOT just handed things. His business is all his, and he also goes to school and helps his parents out with their respective businesses.

congrats Wes, I know there were LOTS of late nights spent building that one and spent working on customers' trucks to make it possible!

What kind of cooling system are you running instead of intercooler?

John Robinson said:
Wes do I know this truck?

No John,
This truck is a new one. I started the project a while back, but it hasn't been out until now.

9 Lives
Since I'm not towing anything and my main concern is straitline performance-An air to air intercooler doesn't hold enough benefit for me to justify the cost or weight. If it were free then I might justify the weight, but the only free one I had was a stocker (for sale by the way) off of my core truck. It is not light by any means.

I'm currently running nitrous and will probably drop in a water/meth system. Just time is holding me back.

In the future when I have some spare funds, I plan on building a nice liquid to air intercooler and plum a tank to it to run ice water at the track. But that will have to come later. $$$$$$$

Duke
I had a grill that was flat black too. But all the clips were busted. It was great for photos. However, at speed it would have been problamatic. So, before I took it out; it needed a new grill. On short notice all I could come up with was the chrome one (new=$60 same day). One day I'll find someone with a work truck and swap them out. But, before you raz me about my grill; don't you have a truck to get running in the first place? Just kidding you. But, I had to. Its the second time you've hit me with that. :poke: Its all in fun. Good luck with your project. And I have a guy that I might have stripe it for me. I just haven't decided yet.

Pat McSwain
LS1
Gene (WeWeld)
Preston
Jim Fulmer
Bob Wagner
Snedge
Jeff (RacinDuallie)
Duke
George (LilRed)
Billysgoat
Greg Hogue (Comp)
Rubberneck
Brandon (JoeFarmer)
Wade (NGM/Diesel Power)
Weston (Smokem)
PartsGuy
Justin (justinp20012500)
Forrest Nearing

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. It means more than can be expressed here. Hopefully with time I can live up to all of your expectations for this ride. I didn't just build this for me, I also built this to promote diesel racing/performance.

I hope to try and be competitive in NHRA Super Street as well. I have to check a few rules and make sure I'm legal.

NHRDA has expressed interests in running classes in my area.

I will defineately attend DHRA in Houston in October. I'm tied up with my other business for Indy so I'm out for that one. (Have to be able to afford it)

Again, Thanks

~Wes~

(Had to do it in post order. Don't want to play favorites here) :shake:

Wes,

Theres always gonne be haters and non-believers out there, I too get PM's from time to time over similiar issues, have been since I started doing this stuff back in 2000 with a setup that nobody believed made the power that it did, just cause it didn't work for them. Just keep your head high cause you've already accomplished more than 95% of the people on this board ever will with this sport. Keep up the good work and hope to see you at one of the races this year!

Ted

Wes,
Great job! It looks fast I can't wait to see what times it will turn, looks like the prostreet boys have somthing else to worry about. I remember you had some great reaction times last year when I saw you at Houston. I am anxious to see the truck in person. Great job !!

i have know wes for more than a few years. some may whine because he has done well. but it is only because of all the hard work he has put into it. and he has been smart enough to ask questions when he was not sure of one thing or another. i have been watching him build this truck for over a year, and watched him waiting on money to show up to get to the next stage. to have some whine and try to belittle him is a pretty sorry person.i talk to wes 3 or 4 times most weeks and if i had a dollar for every idea we have shot back and forth to each other i would be a rich man. he is not afraid to jump in and get his hands dirty. he did hire out a good bit of the work on the truck but who wouldn't do the same thing. wes is not a chassie builder, he told the builder what he wanted and they agreed on a plan. he knew what he wanted for a fuel cell, and i owed him, so i built him what he asked me for. it does not mean that wes didn't build this truck up. he is damn proud of it and has worked his ass off to get it where it is today.
glade to see it rollin,
later

mike

happy birthday wess, also , we share a birthday .

you ride really looks nice , you should be proud , I have allways trusted you work. espieacly when i'm running 161 in it

COMP461 said:
happy birthday wess, also , we share a birthday .

you ride really looks nice , you should be proud , I have allways trusted you work. espieacly when i'm running 161 in it

There's all the reason you need to drink, Wes..:hehe:

Back