sketchy steering

rattlindodge

96 club cab long bed 4x4 auto open rear 4.10s 265/75r16s 95k miles, previously owned by old people.

I have put on the Borgeson box and shaft, new ball joints, new front brakes, moog track bar, 98 style steering tie rods with lukes links, dss steering box brace. Nothing appears loose and recently aligned. I would say the truck is sketchy or nervous feeling, i just odered control arm bushings and a lower steering column bushing but i doubt that is the problem. Could it be the lukes links on the steering binding/ or a bad steering box/ over torqued ball joints/. The truck wonders all the time, but on icy/bumpy roads its kinda scary, but zero death wobble.

96 club cab long bed 4x4 auto open rear 4.10s 265/75r16s 95k miles, previously owned by old people.

I have put on the Borgeson box and shaft, new ball joints, new front brakes, moog track bar, 98 style steering tie rods with lukes links, dss steering box brace. Nothing appears loose and recently aligned. I would say the truck is sketchy or nervous feeling, i just odered control arm bushings and a lower steering column bushing but i doubt that is the problem. Could it be the lukes links on the steering binding/ or a bad steering box/ over torqued ball joints/. The truck wonders all the time, but on icy/bumpy roads its kinda scary, but zero death wobble.

Have someone turn the steering wheel for you while you watch you components under the truck. Also make sure the tracbar bolts are TIGHT aswell as the steering box bolts at the frame.

Moog trackbars don't always last longer. I am glad I did the Lukes on mine.

^^^^ THIS!

I had one on my truck for about 4 months but only drove it maybe 2000 miles and it was shot already and had to replace it again. Then I sold the truck.

I had the truck aligned 100 miles ago and looked at everything under the truck for the 10th time before alignment, track bar and everything are tight. But it does have maybe 4k miles on it, guess its time for the 3rd gen track bar. I still have the moog track bar lifetime warranty receipt.

By lower steering column bushing, are you referring to the Rock Solid Ram Steering Fix? If not, I'd give it a shot. You've pretty much covered every other possibility...

Yes it is the Rock Solid Ram Steering bushing fix, just showed up the other day as did the control arm bushings. $185 shipped was the lowest price i found on the 3rd gen track bar conversion bracket, picked up a stock bar for $30 bucks. My lower steering column has at most a 1/16 inch of play, one of my other trucks has probably 3/8 inch of play or more and handles decent( it just clunts a but load).

Back