sled pulling basic

STROKIN_7.3

STROKIN & SMOKIN
just lookin for some basic advise on sled pulling like what do you need to it. not look to be competitive just to have fun i have never done it before but ive been to a couple pulls and have caught the fever thanks.

If your rules allow it suspension blocks and traction bars can make a big difference and keep your truck together.

Auto or Manual?

Those tires are going to be hard on a stock clutch or auto.

Right foot on floor, come off the clutch fast do not dump I might but dont, grin while goin down track.
Brandon

forgot my truck is an automatic i run duel tranny cooler with fans plus the fatory one and i recently fabricated traction bars.
there 2 classes im interested in they are both 8000lbs limits one you can have hanging weights and a blocked up rear the other you cant have either and the mods are limited to chips and tuners no injetors or aftermarkets turbos

forgot my truck is an automatic i run duel tranny cooler with fans plus the fatory one and i recently fabricated traction bars.
there 2 classes im interested in they are both 8000lbs limits one you can have hanging weights and a blocked up rear the other you cant have either and the mods are limited to chips and tuners no injetors or aftermarkets turbos

Pm sent

Well get you some weights out front that helps alot, and block the rear end solid if you can.

The class that allows blocks and weights is probably a 2.8 class. It will be hard to be competitve in that class with a near stock truck that has just a few freebee mods, and a chip. But then again I could be wrong and it be a 2.5 class. Anyway, that stock auto probably isn't going to last too long. Pull in the low side of the T-Case and shift to 2nd gear. That will probably be all the gear you can pull with. You can maybe able to look into a torque converter lock up switch and turn it on after you wind out 2nd gear going down the track. Also with it having a leaf spring front suspension, you probably will want to make a front traction bar as well coming off the top of the axle tubes, and then going back to the frame. With out that you may experience some major hopping down the track. I have see some use a wide towing strap hooking it to the leaf springs right behind the axle tubes and then too the frame to reduce hop.

yes i also have a t/c lock up switch and have front traction bars already made my truck is already set up for tug o wars but ijust want to do something different

Back