Sled pulling custom air to air

Inbred Inline

Bastard child builder
I have a 2.5 pulling truck (2000 Classic Chevy Cummins) and desperately needing to build a new intercooler for this year to replace the cheap eBay one. Been looking at bells site trying to wrap my head around what I should buy, my question is what do I need CFM wise and is it better to run a vertical flow that moves more air but is a shorter core or a typical horizontal flow cooler that flows less air but is a larger core? I have a 42"x4.5"x18" area to work with. From what I have found on bells site a horizontal flow cooler will only be about 1000ish CFMs. I could run a vertical flow that will be 2500ish CFMs but including room for the tanks the core would only end up being 10" tall. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to ask your turbo.builder how many lbs it can flow and that will tell you alot about what Intercooler to. get...typically running an air to air you want the biggest core you can get...

Look for companies that sell air to airs And radiators for big trucks. I got one for a t300 Kenworth. I don't know what it flows, but mine made a little over 1k at the wheels with it.

Just mount a seat up front and get one of the local blow hards to keep yours cool, double them up and get some extra boost

Back