sled pulling to sand drag?

BottleFed

Hey guys i just moved down to lake havasu arizona. Havent had much luck finding sled pulls around here buuuuut there are quite a few sand drags. Has anyone tried this with a pulling truck? Im thinking some paddles a rather large shot of spray and3rd or 4th high range might do ok? And obviously putting suspension back in the rear and a list of other small thing. Anyways just wondering if anyone here is into this sport it sure does look fun. Let me know if im being dumb or if i could be at least half competitive. Need to get the dust knocked off the truck! Shes been sitting too long. Any input is appreciated!

We have a sand drag track here in va. I run it with my pulling truck. Everyone here run all terrain tires, low air pressure.

Can you give me a general brakedown of the classes i need to make some phone calls to the local guys im just curious where i would or could be are you running an auto or manual what kind of speed are you seeing down the track?

Running a auto and really don't know about speed, it's not very high tech here. You pay a flat fee and you keep getting back in line to run as many times as you want. I will say it's tons of fun! Diesels good but the alky gassers own the track here. No matter what I change or try different things at take off it's very hard to not get sideways at take off.

We did well what they called sand drags back in Montana but it was really more of a loose dirt. From what i have seen here they are running some pretty good deep desert sand. I wonder how my sts's would do? Im not too sure how well i would do with all the turbo leg and a manual tranny. Im fairly certin i could leave in 4 high but not posative. Id rather not try to shift that pig its not any easy battle and would cost me a lot of speed.

Everyone here are running bfg's, sts's or baja claws mainly and it's a loose sand. I've never asked any of the manual guys what gear they run in. Just by listening though i know there not shifting

Awesome good to know its at least possible to compete. Thanks for the info. Anyone else with experience please chime in.

Well thats out of the budget. Not going full on sand dragster just need something to fill the void for a bit. Itching to get the truck out and play in the dirt even if it does mean donating the entry fees every time.

Yeah i was thinkin a line lock would be huge get about 15-20 lbs of boost goin. Side step the clutch mash on the skinny one and let the spray go! Im getting excited just typing it.

We had some dirt drags once i ran the 2wd.. still had full suspention tho. took out my stops. Launched in 3rd gear bout 4500 mashed the go pedal and off we went. Pretty fun stuff i must say. Really hard to keep her streight tho lol

Back