slicks for a dually

crabbelle

Banned
im swapping over to a dually i was wondering where i could get rims to put on my truck so i could use my ole mans old slicks on for burnouts contest and playing on the track. i lost my copy of the article where they had they single cab dually drag truck, it was red 2 tone color.

i love google. this the tire/wheel combo jeff usings or used when the picture was taken. does anyone know how he lowered?

Attachments

• 0804dp_10_z+1997_dodge_ram_3500+hoosier_tires.jpg
    0804dp_10_z+1997_dodge_ram_3500+hoosier_tires.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 92
Jeff his a disc brake conversion and he runs a 15 inch rim, I found a 16x12 Mickey Thompson Classic II rim and a 33.5x16.5 Mickey Thompson ET Drags
they fit just about perfect, I'll try and get a pic sent to you.

CPSimpson: Will those MT et drags fit on a single rear wheel truck? is that 16.5" wide? How much HP are you running to get those big puppies to spin?

On edit: don't you need a rim that is within 1" of the width of the tire?
Also being 33" will it fit in the wheel wells without tubbing?

Last edited:
I have a set of 16x16 beadlockers comming. They did them on a 8 on 170mm pattern for me, but they will do a 8 on 6.5. And will do whatever backspace you want.

Real Wheel is who makes them. They will make anything you want. And the rear wheels are half the price of what Weld wanted for them. Weld magnum drag 2.0 beadlocker is like 1300+ each. These were 575.

I know of a place you can get the pair for 600 bucks! beadlocks ...its what I got.

Here is what im talking about...

picture.php

575 each. They are 16x16 with outter beadlock. 8 on 170mm bolt pattern. All Aluminum. 1/2 thick aluminum plate in the center with steel inserts in the stud holes. They weigh 13lbs each.

I would LOVE slicks for my dually or just a FAT street tire my problem is that the rimes have to be at least 17s

CPSimpson: Will those MT et drags fit on a single rear wheel truck? is that 16.5" wide? How much HP are you running to get those big puppies to spin?

On edit: don't you need a rim that is within 1" of the width of the tire?
Also being 33" will it fit in the wheel wells without tubbing?

I don't know if they will fit on a single rear wheel truck or not, The tires are 33.5x16.5x16, 33.5 in" tall, 16.5" wide and a 16" rim, I'm around 500hp with 4.10 gears. They recommend having a rim within 1" or the tire width, but I talked to numerous long time drag racers and tire shops and manufacturers and all of them said I would be fine. They fit in the dually fenders but I've only got about 3/4" in the front and rear of the tire, :bang

33.5" tall tire & 4.10's how well does that work in the 1/4 mile

Back