Slight miss

I just got done doing mine. I did all the labor myself and a friend of mine had an extra cummins head gasket that he gave me. I had all new seats put in, milled, magnafluxed, pressure tested, new valve seals and bronze valve guides installed and my bill was $840.

Might I add that I only hear it and feel it once its warmed up. I can't feel it inside the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Duck, PM me your number and I can send the videos to your phone. I swung it by the mechanic and he says it's fuel flooding the cylinder, that's why it only happens when the AC is off. He did however say while we take off the valve cover he can check it all out anyways, just to be sure

I had a seat go out on me. Before it let go, it kind of sounded like yours a few days earlier.

None. How is your rail pressure. Will it max out if you disconnect your FCA? Does it start right up or does it crank for a bit?

I'd lean towards injector. My 03 did the exact same thing before it gradually got harder and harder to start. Put in new Bosch stainless body injectMrs with 90hp nozzles and no problems since. Been almost 100,000miles on them

I'd lean towards injector. My 03 did the exact same thing before it gradually got harder and harder to start. Put in new Bosch stainless body injectMrs with 90hp nozzles and no problems since. Been almost 100,000miles on them

That's what my mechanic told me, as well as the head of the Service department at the Cummins House. It has been getting a little harder to start recently. My fuel economy isn't as good either. But I ordered a set of bodies and will install them to my 110HP DDP nozzles I got, as well as have the mechanic adjust all the valves while he is there.

Back