smarty issue codes too

canadiandiesel

buddy has a 05 3500 dodge with a brand new 5.9l decided to screw with the smarty on his truck taking back to stock infront of a building he is no where near his house,
went though the proper back to stock procedure, took to 80% threw a error code 18,
he then read the manual and does the smarty restore, only went to 60%, then the unit sent another error code 14, went though it again, this time the smarty couldnt read the ecm he fiddled with the key turned it off turned it back on, and the smarty found the ecm tried the restore again, he didnt tell me the % of completeness but it failed and gave a code 42. which then he called me.

i suggested to disconnect the batteries for 20 minutes and then reconnect and try again, he did such a thing and still unable to restore the ecm.

what does the great comp D suggest to get this truck going? restore the smarty software?

the engine was installed in the summer of 2011 from a dealership, so it was complete brand new ecm also. (i know that doesnt make a difference)

:nail:

Pull the 2 ABS fuses and the fuel pump relay. If he has a fass or air dog installed have him disable the pump.

This is an 06 issue.

Bob

he does has a fass, sorry for not saying that in the post, i take it you got his email, on your website also?

please relay my instructions and life will be good again. Thank you

i will be heading out there soon to do what you said, he is too scared to do anything to the truck now

Got the truck running thank you so much for the advice sir you rock!!

Sent from my smartass phone

Back