Smarty / Juice major issues

GENESIS01

Learning as I Go
'02 Cummins with Smarty/Juice stack.

So the problem...if the edge is on ANY level except the hot tune, the Smarty and edge work fine. For the Smarty to work with the edge on level 6(hot) it can't be on ANY of the catcher tunes. The side effects of catcher working in conjunction with edge (level6) are heavy defuel and erratic awkward and out of sequence shifting. What the heck??

I'm almost tempted to use a different programmer, because I hate the way the Smarty changes the shifting of the transmission. Love the power hate the shifting. Still, what is the prevailing issue with this?

Let me rephrase myself....Smarty and edge on hot unlock (6) does this. Consistently.

Why? The only thing that I could make sense of is timing, but I run the Smarty on all even tunes to prevent excess timing.

why stress about it? it doesnt work so dont run it..

Im sick of logging on to this forum and seeing people ask questions and getting responses making them feel like a complete DA. I have been treated with nothing but respect and for that I am thankful, but this guy has the same issue I'm having with the Smarty and one of the first responses did NOTHING but make him feel like a piece of crap. And it made me feel pretty crappy to. I am a member of this forum and am not at all trying to start anything, but NOBODY logs on to be told they're a DA. If the guy that made the joke knew the guy then it would be a different story, but it's pretty clear he doesn't. What was said offended me because that's not why any of themembers are here.

why stress about it? it doesnt work so dont run it..

Ok, if you're going to bash me for not saying anything constructive then you had better have bashed JD Dearden for what he said. If you find anything constructive about what he said I'll shake your hand and let you punch me in the face.

Chill the fvck out and enjoy you 600$ throttle oversensitizer!

This wasn't addressed to you, I'm sorry for the confusion, this was for the D-Lux guy.

This may be really stupid but did you ever screw with the defueling settings of the Edge?

Sale your Smarty and buy a set injectors. As much time as you have crying you could have put a set in your truck and solved your issue. It obvious that's this problem is quite common.

X2 on this ^

Your situation is alot like a little kid trying to stick his finger in the light socket.. you wanna try it but you know its wrong, when you do your going to cry about it... so why keep trying?

This may be really stupid but did you ever screw with the defueling settings of the Edge?

Yes I have thank you for the suggestion though. Still nobody has made it clear to me y an un locked edge comp will work flawlessly with a smarty but the edge juice unlocked will not work with the Smarty.

Still nobody understands why you don't get it that it don't work and try something else. Does it really make so much power with it that you can't part with it. Your beaten a dead horse. Cause a small set of stick will make more than this spectacular combo you got. I'm not trying to be rude but damn look bob up on here or call edge and ask them they may know. Have you really wondered that your juice may not really be like a comp cause drag comp works fine with Smarty. You claim its the same and so does edge but something ain't the same!

No no I know you're exactly right, I mean injectors especially on top of this combo will work fine. And you're also right, something has to be different, I just want to know what. I can run the edge on extreme (5) and the smarty together and it work fine, in fact I haven't track proven this yet but it may be more powerful then the set-up that I have for it now. I would just like to know why it's different. I know I'm only 19, but never once have I heard any issue at all with the smarty/juice stack; not once and y'all are talking like it pops up on this forum daily. I didn't realize it was such a common issue honestly. I was trying to figure out why.

No no I know you're exactly right, I mean injectors especially on top of this combo will work fine. And you're also right, something has to be different, I just want to know what. I can run the edge on extreme (5) and the smarty together and it work fine, in fact I haven't track proven this yet but it may be more powerful then the set-up that I have for it now. I would just like to know why it's different. I know I'm only 19, but never once have I heard any issue at all with the smarty/juice stack; not once and y'all are talking like it pops up on this forum daily. I didn't realize it was such a common issue honestly. I was trying to figure out why.

And the injectors will have way more power any way.

'02 Cummins with Smarty/Juice stack.

So the problem...if the edge is on ANY level except the hot tune, the Smarty and edge work fine. For the Smarty to work with the edge on level 6(hot) it can't be on ANY of the catcher tunes. The side effects of catcher working in conjunction with edge (level6) are heavy defuel and erratic awkward and out of sequence shifting. What the heck??

had these same problems with my edge jwa and s03 smarty. sell the edge and buy a quadzilla and a set of injectors, run the tourque tune or a 4k box like i have but you need a heavy valve train for the 4k box. set your smarty at lvl3 and back down the timing on the quad. thats the reason why i got rin of the edge because you couldnt run the smartys catcher soft with it. good luck

I had the same issue on my truck so i sold the edge and now run a redline and smarty with no issues

Back