smarty limiter?

megacummins3288

ok guys..... the past 2 times i have been to the track i have hit some kind of speed or rpm or some kind of limiter. 2 or 3 sats. ago it happened so i posted on cummins forum and a few guys said that having the smarty speed limiter on 250 would mess it up and cause the speed limiter to not work or mess with the truck. so this friday night i set it for 135 and after the first 4 passes it started doin it again. and the thing that really annoys me is that the first 4 passes were 12:3 passes with a hard pull from line to trapp. but when i hit the limiter with about 50 to 75 feet left on the track i still ran a 12:39 and 12:40. but instead of running at 110 or 111MPH i was at 107 to 109MPH. this limiter feels like im hitting the stock speed limiter it just bounces has anyone had the same problem??

ok guys..... the past 2 times i have been to the track i have hit some kind of speed or rpm or some kind of limiter. 2 or 3 sats. ago it happened so i posted on cummins forum and a few guys said that having the smarty speed limiter on 250 would mess it up and cause the speed limiter to not work or mess with the truck. so this friday night i set it for 135 and after the first 4 passes it started doin it again. and the thing that really annoys me is that the first 4 passes were 12:3 passes with a hard pull from line to trapp. but when i hit the limiter with about 50 to 75 feet left on the track i still ran a 12:39 and 12:40. but instead of running at 110 or 111MPH i was at 107 to 109MPH. this limiter feels like im hitting the stock speed limiter it just bounces has anyone had the same problem??

The stocker limiter in your truck hits at around 98mph so you are going passed it. Don't worry about setting the Smarty at 250... I had the same issue setting it at 150 thinking I won't be going faster than that. I leave it set at 200 and have no problem with the limiter.

I you sure it's the limiter and not your trucks gearing ?

^ yeah, what is your rpm when this happens? you could also feel the truck running out of fuel, stock cp3 ? stacking the MP8 on the tnt will draw some serious fuel.

^ yeah, what is your rpm when this happens? you could also feel the truck running out of fuel, stock cp3 ? stacking the MP8 on the tnt will draw some serious fuel.

well i have 3.73 and stock tires. and my RPM's i beleive are about 3K to 3100 so there is still some left not alot but enought to get me throught the traps. and im holding a constant 25 to 26K the whole way down the track. it may dip a little at launch but my 60' isnt suffering at all

but instead of running at 110 or 111MPH i was at 107 to 109MPH. this limiter feels like im hitting the stock speed limiter it just bounces has anyone had the same problem??

Yeah, thats about what stock speed limiter is, Sure sounds like it lost the parameter somehow.

Try setting everything back to stock, set your options, then load the tune SW tune you want. Sometimes these downloaders need to have things done in a certain order to make them stay correctly.

Back