Smarty loads successfully on 03, makes no difference in power

texascadillac42

Got a buddy in town with a 03 CR, currently has an Edge Juice/Attitude with the hot unlock on his truck. I have an unlocked Smarty in the shop that we loaded on his truck, multiple times, on multiple settings, and it seems to have made no difference in power. I do not get any error messages, it goes through the steps normally and seems to load successfully, however the truck has no extra power. Drives like it is bone stock.

The Edge on any setting other then stock makes the truck more powerful, as it should. Does the Edge need to be completely removed and taken out of the truck? I thought running the Edge as a monitor and using the Smarty for power was a normal thing to do.

Any ideas?

I would remove the Edge. I've seen an 03 that didn't respond to programming before. It loaded just fine, but didn't have any effect on how the truck ran. Never figured that one out

Hmm, that might be the case here then. I have loaded it onto 2 other '03 trucks and it worked as it should....

I wonder if a dealer reflash of the ECM would fix the problem?

Did you ever get it to work on the 03?

My early 03 seems to have strange responses to the Smarty also. I too had a Juice with attitude that lost the boost monitoring function. It also seemed to lose power occasionally. I bought an S06 POD and installed it on Revo 3 with the Edge set to stock and it was a pig. I then unhooked the Edge leaving only the Data Link connected (to monitor trans slip etc). The Smarty then semed to function properly, or at least I thought it did. One day I set the Smarty to 5with all defaults and took off, and boy did I take off. I had to be careful to keep from slipping the trans in OD. Since that particular day it hasn't had close to the same power while still set to Revo 5. I've even loaded the newest updates and noticed no change. I can't think the data link would do it and I'm afraid of disconnecting it as it's the only way I can detect tranny slip until I go see Jeff Garmon.

Anyway I'm interested to hear if you learned any more about your problem.

Back