Smarty tuning suggestions

josh03

don't ask
So just finished putting the truck together. Started as a bone stock early 04 (305hp) CCLB 4x4 with 185k on it. Here's the parts I put on:

-Built tranny
-Silver bullet
-150hp nozzles
-PPE dual fuelers
-Airdog 150
-Smarty Sr with stock CaTCHER levels
-diablo power puck for a small pressure box...

Have been collecting these parts for a while and finally got it everything on the truck and got it on the dyno. Made 643.7hp on the superflow dyno with the smarty on lvl9 and the powerpuck on. Bullet is still wastegated at the stock 45lbs, and I'm still running the stock (prob weak) cp3 on bottom, stock valve springs, and no studs. Obviously the studs and springs are in the works, but I was just curious what you'd recommend for smarty tuning... what level to run? run TNT software? What timing levels, rail pressure, etc? What should I set wastegate at? Anyone who has done a similar build, what settings did you have the best luck with? Thanks!

The SSR has it's own thread Pretty much a guess a number game! There are a few listed settings but what works for one guy is terrrible for another!

Get the tnt/r file. Try level 8 timing 2. Get your boost up to the 50-55lb area. Use the smarty for rp. Ditch the diablo.

Last edited:
Total performance diesel in santa rosa, ca. A lot of suncoast internals including their tripple disk converter...

Get the tnt/r file. Try level 8 timing 2. Get your boost up to the 50-55lb area. Use the smarty for rp. Ditch the diablo.

I agree, and that Bullet should be in the 55psi area but with the stock springs and head gasket with 185k miles on them I dont know if I would up the boost just yet until those items have been addressed.

I would start off on sw7 default timing, tq2, stock rp and use the puck for pressure and go from there.

For the Dyno, I would set everything on kill. but for the street turn the RP down. No need for the Diablo at all.

TNT/R for sure.

Back