smarty

307diesel

built 6.7
I have a customer with a 09 that is having turbo issues. The exhaust brake is cycling on and off as it pleases. He is out of town and I haven't had a chance to see it myself. The shop that he took it to cleaned the vanes and put things all back together, no changes with anything, and they told him that the actuator in the turbo is having issues. This truck has all deletes and a smarty s67, he took the tune off and it changed nothing. He is seeing this as an oportunity to go to a bigger turbo but decided to go to a s300 frame rather than a vgt. My question is, Is the smarty compatible with an aftermarket turbo? I have made a few calls and no one was able to give me a sure answer, everyone I talked to said that they thought no but not sure. I tried searching as well as looking through 10 pages of the 6.7 section and didn't see anything there. Any info greatly appreciated.

I ran a smarty with a 66 for a while awesome setup for the street and had no isssues with the smarty if thats what your asking

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. I was told by a couple people that the smarty doesn't have the fooler for taking off the stock turbo and it would go into limp mode. My customer will be happy to hear this, he didn't want to spend any more money on a new tune if he didn't have to.

The smarty doesnt work as a boost fooler you will still need to run a boost fooler or it will defuel

He can also run a S400 series charger without nay problems. Alot of people are running S466 on stock fuel and S472 and up with fueling upgrades.

S466 with t4 foot FTW. S67me can have the TNT tune downloaded off MADS site. It's better than the regular me version IMO. Who ever you are talking to must not know much if they say you can't run anything but a stock turbo.

S466 with t4 foot FTW. S67me can have the TNT tune downloaded off MADS site. It's better than the regular me version IMO. Who ever you are talking to must not know much if they say you can't run anything but a stock turbo.

Read this:
I have made a few calls and no one was able to give me a sure answer, everyone I talked to said that they thought no but not sure.
I guess if the people that I talked to have had lots of problems with a smatry and aftermarket turbo, and now put H&S on due to less complications and trying to keep customers happy, that must mean they don't know much.

Back