Smoking out your tail and head lights

check ebay for the led ones by sonar (they make all of recons for alot cheaper)
SONAR 02-06 DODGE RAM 1500 2500 3500 BLK LED TAIL LIGHT: eBay Motors (item 360300046909 end time Sep-19-10 11:49:01 PDT)

and then spray them with the vht- there not that smoked when new

03170095183601.jpg

man i passed up a set of these on craigslist for $45 ..i'm pissed:nail:

use the VHT NITESHADES< ..800grit, apply light coats, then clear like crazy, lks grat and can be rubed out for a high gloss shine, but , the more coats yu apply, the darker it gets

I used the vht night shades also. Wet sanded first then cleared after, came out good I think.
RunninBroke013.jpg

RunninBroke014.jpg

VHT has been my choice for lights, ive seen many people attempt vht but result with a dull fading black but ive been able to get them really glossy and they hold their shine really well

I had great success with VHT too. I used a lot of very light coats. I didn't clear them, but after reading this thread I think I will - thanks!!

Wally

IMO, the best way is to mix up some color matched paint (Or Just black) with a lot of lear. Holds up WAY better than VHT and doesnt peel off or fade! Mine were done that way and look ten times better than Night Shades could even think about being!!!

018.jpg

060.jpg

IMO, the best way is to mix up some color matched paint (Or Just black) with a lot of lear. Holds up WAY better than VHT and doesnt peel off or fade! Mine were done that way and look ten times better than Night Shades could even think about being!!!

018.jpg

060.jpg

LOL I would have guessed that was nightshade LOL

Lamin-x Tail light and headlight tint is the way to go! And you can remove it!
a7763b3f.jpg

I've got a much glossier finish from the rustoleom lenses tint, holds up good even when powerwashing. I taped off my reverse lights and cargo lenses.

P3130207.jpg

Lavon

Back