So What's a Pro Street Truck Worth?

cbtoyz

Vaginatarian
As much as someone is willing to pay :)

But in all honestly, I have been asked how much I would sell the truck for, and I don't really have an answer. I could tally how much I have spent, but for what? I know I couldn't get half of what was spent. So I pose the question to you all. What does a Pro Street pickup cost? Here is a general list of what it has in it.

'96 dodge ram 2500 2 wd.
S&W back half with anti roll bar.
9" rear end, Strange 3rd member, chromoly 1480 yoke spool ext.
Strange 40 spline axles.
Dual caliper disk brakes.
Big slicks.
Parachute
8.50 chromoly cage. Fresh cert.
Stroud window net.
Kerkey seat.
Ponci built 47re. Manual vb.
Big twins.
Big 13mm p pump
Big DDP Comp Injectors
O ringed 12 valve head....head is cracked and needs to be replaced.
Engine has,
Marine pistons,
Balanced stock rods with a1 rod bolts,
14mm main studs,
Hamilton cam, valve train,
Billet front cover, tappet cover,
Electric water pump, fans ext.
Plus all the safety gear to run in the 9's.
I'm sure I forgot a bunch of things, but that should be the highlights.

It's the truck in my sig. I'm not really serious about selling it. But I am asking myself the question if I have what it takes financially to compete at the level I am currently competing in.

It's a shame what they are worth after thousands of dollars and hours .

Bout what I'd thought to but Bruce has had a hard time selling his, he was asking lots less also. Past performance really helps sell these trucks people want to see the chassis work, being that this truck has been in the 9's already should help it sell, i'd think.

Tucker

thats the key, every one knows their bottom dollar, almost instantly once you decide to sell.

20 to 40 is a huge spread, what would you say mine is worth?

Really hard to say....it's not what you can sell it for, it's the type of buyer you can find. If someone is willing to buy on emotion with the knowledge that they can spray the snot out of it and keep up with the likes of Stuckey or Smitty, then you might see some money. I know Harvey was trying to sell his Ramcharger a while back for 30K and had no buyers. I have tried to sell my Nova (which should run 9s) for 15-17K with no luck. Market's tough. Any way you look at it, at least you're not losing 100K on a house. For once, having a cool hobby pays off...or at least doesn't hurt as much!

Yeah, you can't exactly get a car loan for a 1996 dodge pickup that has been cut in half...

Colin you can't sell your truck!!
I know it's super expensive to be competitive pro street or super street.
So we either need a index class, or just go out bracket racing and race for fun.
I know I might turn my truck down a bit just to go racing and not worry about breaking!

Collins, I'm always on the fence my self thinking what are these thing worth?I don't race enough to get the lic thing and pro street is now a solid 9 second class. I would try to get 30k for mine and if i get It ,it would have to be to a special person. Like they say (there's a ass for every seat) sometimes finding it ,takes a lot of work. Good luck on what you do .

Yeah, you can't exactly get a car loan for a 1996 dodge pickup that has been cut in half...

Just have a 1/2 price sale Blondie. :rockwoot:
I feel your pain. Not a great time to try and sell these toys.

Good luck.

Delete the ****ing post!! Your not selling. :badidea: Im on your pit crew. I cant be without a job next season. Remember the :rules:

This is a big reason why I think index racing would be popular, I hope you don't sell because I love your truck!

Delete the ****ing post!! Your not selling. :badidea: Im on your pit crew. I cant be without a job next season. Remember the :rules:

Tell him Brad and smack him in the back of the head just for thinking it. You can't sell it and if it breaks and you can't afford to fix it let it sit untill you can. It's not your DD.

Yea, It's sad to see these trucks built and end up being sold for less than half of what's in them. I've thought about buying Bruce's Chevy alot, just to have a truck capable of going that fast.

I had around 50 to 60k in mine and got around 18 to 20k in trade..... Huge whack. It ran 112 in the eighth without the nitrous. I enjoy driving to the track. 2wd on street tires feathering the throttle. Didn't keep it very long. That was a few years ago. Unfortunately, I've repeated that process several times with diesels. Now, the economy has changed for me and I wish I had kept one.

If I had left mine bone stock, it would be worth more now then what I paid for it. Since I was stupid, I put 20k into it and essentially made it priceless......as in nobody would give me sh!t for it.

It's only worth whatever someone is willing to pay you. I tried to sell my modded street truck which will run 10's all day long for 30K, (way less than 1/2 what I have in it) and zero takers, and it is a street truck. I think a truck like yours would only sell to a shop which could then sponsor it. It's a damn nice truck even if it's a dodge. :poke:

Back