So where are all the mods for the 6.4?

TooMuchBoost

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Who is rumored to be making what for the 6.4 and when are we going to see some ET's and dyno #'s?:pop:

The only thing I've read so far is an injector upgrade that is in the works.

I hear Some folks are hard at work looking at fuel plate profiles and delivrey valves

Afe intake is available, as well as DPF back exhausts...and im sure SCT is working on the base files as we speak. Elite is working on 60 hp nozzles i beleive?

Quick question, are there EGT sensors on the exhaust as well as o2 sensors etc? i mean, you still have to plumb one for a pre turbo pyro, but it would be neat to see how the temperatures differ thru the exhaust system.

Dom

Carefull with upgrading the exhaust. The temps reach well over 1,000 degrees and many aftermarket exhaust manufactures won't know how to deal with that.

Some of the OEM test vehicles were melting paint off the vehicles next to them when parked and idling. The tips were turned down and that caused the asphalt to melt.

I would be very careful when upgrading the exhaust to specifically ask about the temps and how the new exhaust will handle it.

I herd that Ford is makeing a blow torch mod out the tail pipe,strait from the factory lol.

brmpipes said:
I herd that Ford is makeing a blow torch mod out the tail pipe,strait from the factory lol.

too funny. They should consider that.

hpprose said:
Carefull with upgrading the exhaust. The temps reach well over 1,000 degrees and many aftermarket exhaust manufactures won't know how to deal with that.
I would be very careful when upgrading the exhaust to specifically ask about the temps and how the new exhaust will handle it.
you think the aftermarket exhaust manufacturers would have trouble with 1000 degrees? the downpipe is made out of the same stuff as the tailpipe, so i dont see it being a problem.
Tim, How do i set the static timing on the new 6.4? LOL

The 6.4 exhaust is double wall to keep the heet in. there are 3 egt sensors and 2 egr temp sensors, also a pressure sensor before the dpf. There are no oxygen sensors.

Back