So...where are the D-maxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
It seems like about a year ago a few people were hittin 700 or 800 on fuel in a d-max, and then nothin for like the last six months (besides Nasty & Pat.) So is the d-max crowd just busy building pulling trucks or what? Nobody likes dynos anymore? Let's see some duramaxes with big shots of nitrous on them! Or twins. Or somethin!

"Dyno's are for Dodges" That's my new slogan... maybe it will stick.:hehe:

All we care about is the track.

I mean I think its cool to see all these 1000+ HP CR Dodges, but what else are they doing with them? They haven't been able to compete with the top Dmax's on the strip and the pulling track, so what's it matter?

Slick said:
I mean I think its cool to see all these 1000+ HP CR Dodges, but what else are they doing with them? They haven't been able to compete with the top Dmax's on the strip and the pulling track, so what's it matter?

really?

I am a dodge fan but the dyno doesnt prove a thing. Its built for pulling or its built for drag racing. Hp doesnt matter and I hate to say this but dmax dont dyno very high as it is. You can take and do the same mods to a dmax as a cr and the dmax will smoke it on the drag strip, but loss to a sled pull and dyno comp. I hate dmax and ford but you mod what the customer brings you.

DHRA Pulling:
Work Stock = May as well be called the Dmax class.
Street = Dmax and 12 Valve show
Super Street = Climax and Clints truck compete pretty well. Where are the CR Dodges?
Mod = Only mechanical trucks.

DHRA Pro Street Drag Racing
Points Champion = Dmax
Fastest 4x4 = Spruill's Dmax(Smith's may have just went lower, but its a 12 valve anyway)
2 Dmax's in the 9's...and NO CR Dodges to be found

Diesel Power Challenge: Tomac ran away with it.

Kinda funnny not one powerstroke mentioned. Work Stock not seen one dmax take it back here in Idaho(not DHRA) Maybe with some good mods but just throwing a chip intake exhaust the dmax dont have a chance. My buddy has a 05 lly with stacked chips intake exhaust, Mine just had a edge juice(6.7 ctd) And i out pulled him. I had 37" tires stock clutch he had an auto with 31". Dyno i beat him, drag strip aint even going to try he will smoke me.

Last edited:
Slick said:
DHRA Pulling:
Work Stock = May as well be called the Dmax class.true
Street = Dmax and 12 Valve show Stalemate
Super Street = Climax and Clints truck compete pretty well. Where are the CR Dodges? Pretty well? What does that prove?
Mod = Only mechanical trucks. goes to dodge

DHRA Pro Street Drag Racing
Points Champion = Dmax
Fastest 4x4 = Spruill's Dmax(Smith's may have just went lower, but its a 12 valve anyway) 12v or not its a dodge
2 Dmax's in the 9's...and NO CR Dodges to be found but there are dodge's

Diesel Power Challenge: Tomac ran away with it.

So how do you run away with these competitions. Seems dodge has more categories.

inline6359 said:
I dont remember him saying it was intended for common rails only.

I was just responding to Get Blown, when he quoted me about the CR Cummins...

I realize that the mechanical trucks are still on top as far as full on Competition builds are concerned...

Last edited:
Ooops! I forgot one... The competition diesel personal favorite:hehe: : The Banks Type WHATEVERTHEYCALLIT, is the fastest tube-chassis.

DYNO

Dodge

#2 only
MADDOG 1200+hp

N20
Richard Brown 1200+hp
RC Cox 1200+hp
Lloyd Mills 1200+hp

Duracrap

#2 only
Nasty Girl 1000 hp

?
??
???

where are the others?

Slick said:
I was just responding to Get Blown, when he quoted me about the CR Cummins...

I realize that the mechanical trucks are still on top as far as full on Competition builds are concerned...

I didnt see that, i thought you ment the original post.:thankyou2:

WUnderwood said:
DYNO

Dodge

#2 only
MADDOG 1200+hp

N20
Richard Brown 1200+hp
RC Cox 1200+hp
Lloyd Mills 1200+hp

Duracrap

#2 only