Solid Suspension Material????

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
Well, Im getting parts ready to start welding in an F 106 in the rear of my truck. Not gonna be a 3.0 or anything, but I will be running Sold Rear Suspension. Question is, what material should I use to make the entire solid rear?

I was thinking 2x4 1/4" wall for the "Traction Bars". Weld those in connecting the axle tube to about mid truck or so and axle tube to the rear of the truck, then 2x2 1/4" wall for bracing between the traction bar and frame.

Is this all over kill or am I on the right track? Also, with a solid rear, should I design in a type of pan hard bar to control side to side swaying or will a welded in rear be enough?

Thats the material i would use. Put one vertical upright of 2x4 per side directly over the center of the axle up to the chassis. Build the rest of the axle truss in an X pattern using 2x2 for the truss and 2x4 for the lower perimeter OR "tracton bar" as you stated. No panhard bar required. The trussing will be more then enough the keep the axle centered and inline with the chassis.

Thanks guys, just got back from getting the Frame. Ill get everything cleaned off of it and start taking some measurements for all the material I need.

Now comes all the fun stuff!!!

Back