some dyno #'s

bigorange

well got to the dyno to day and I made 727hp and 1459tq I was running every in my sig and the smarty revo 170hp tune and got my best numbes on leave 9 timing 3 rail 4 and i'm running big stick stag 4 that I got from geoff at colt cams and on the dyno I saw 78psi and 1400egt's with a nice smooth power band right up to 3100rpm. so far I'm veary happy with now the truck runs and how it spools and keeps the egts under check but there are still alot of tuning to do this was just a base line dyno run to get a starting point . and on a side note when I was at geoff at colt cams I saw some of the new cast billets big sticks next to so other guys cams and boy all I can say is the big sticks is just a beast in size and craftman ship ,keep up the good work zach and geoff thanks again shane:Cheer:

Right on Shane! Darn good numbers right out of the gate. Once you can get things dialed in you should be 800hp~.
Stay in touch
Rob

Thanks for the update! I would really appreciate it if people would post up more likes and dislikes of their hamilton cams. Keep the information coming!

Zach

Thanks for the update! I would really appreciate it if people would post up more likes and dislikes of their hamilton cams. Keep the information coming!

Zach

alrighty with your big stick 570/1077 fuel only with an s465 nice smooth hp curve all the way up to 3600rpm. the 465 is at full boost by 2000 rpm and If I had more fuel up top I could have done a little better. The vid is in my sig and the torque number on the sheet got screwed up.

Attachments

• dynosheet2.jpg
    dynosheet2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 22
What cam did you have before the hamilton big sticks? How does your truck do for daily driving? I was afraid to go larger than a flux 4 right now because of the slow spool up and huge smoke. I have the industrial race twins and 200 hp injectors, but I need them replaced, they smoke far worse than my 220hp industrials ever did. I'm hoping a cam is the answer...

How does your truck do for a daily driver? I have industrial race twins with ddp 200's that smoke like crazy, I'll probably switch to the flux but I was thinking maybe even flux 4's would be way to much smoke to get away with on the streets even keeping the tuning down? I have a maxspool 2 now. Have you changed cams a few times? I would love to know the type of difference this makes for spool up and if going to the higher numbers is better is regaurds to getting out of the hole and keeping smoke down...

no problem for daily driving i run flux 5.1 and I drive it every day I know the the big stick spools alot fast than a stock cam , at 50km/h I'm at 15 psi then at 80km/h I'm at 22-25 psi with veary little smoke but don't get me wrong that's with me taking it easy cause were I live there's alot of tree hugers but if I hammer on it'll roll coal then clean up and hit 80 psi in no time. I've only had the big stick and how I run the stage 4 big stick but like I said my truck is veary streetable with the mods I have hope it helps, if need you more info talk to zach or give geoff a call at colt cams they can explain the science to how the cam work and why it spools faster than other cams that are out there.

Back