Some help on rules , Im confused

Rods said:
Ok a P pump 24v is that stock appearing ???

Hmmm. The 12V engines that p-pumps came stock on have the injectors mounted outside the valve covers on the passenger side of the head. 24V engines have the injectors 'inside' the valve covers. So a p-pumped 24V could not appear to be stock.

If you are talking DHRA rules, a p-pumped 24V is definitely not legal for Work Stock. It probably is not legal for Street Diesel class; fire an email to tech at dhraonline.com for definitive answers.

If it says stock appearing I would call the organization and ask. Personally I would say the answer is no. DHRA wise. P-pump 24v in Work Stock no way. In Street why not? Dmax guys like me can have two CP3s why cant you run a P-pump? Sounds fair to me as long as it stays under 4500rpm.

This is not DHRA, some rules here in Ky , they dont allow twin CP3s because they say it would b the same as running 12v inline pump , but the rules dont say nothing about 2 pumps

I would call and ask someone to be sure then. My gut says they will say no.

If they donb't want you to swap pumps around, it should say something like, "Year and make specific."

Yes DHRA the street or outlaw or what ever it will be called this year.

Chris "Mean Gene" will prolly jsut tell you to email Dieter or foward the question to him

Man I sure love picking on Sleddy!:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: *bdh* :poke: :poke:

Harness said:
The class you change the rules in every year

Now that is funny.:hehe:

At Scheids you where the one screaming the loadest for a rev limit IIRC.:eek:wned:

Yea that was me. Gene What is this your going to make people free rev their trucks. You guys are the biggest diesel "ASSociation". That is the best you can come up with?

Yes, we are the biggest, and you have been one of our biggest ASSets, Chris, and I thank you for the help!!

I'm not going to make anyone free rev their truck.

Attachments

• HARNESS cropped.JPG
    HARNESS cropped.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 43
Harness said:
Yea that was me. Gene What is this your going to make people free rev their trucks. You guys are the biggest diesel "ASSociation". That is the best you can come up with?

Come on Chris. WTF? You where the driving force behind these rules. So whats up? You want a better way to monitor rpm? Why do I get the feeling your making a big stink and not going to show. Like the finals at Scheids. Took your ball and went home.:bs:

Normaly I don't get this into these battles but this gets my goat. Sounds to me like someone is having second thoughts about the rules. Thinking they fit someone elses truck better? Don't want to build for these new rules? Whatever you reason you had better show up at some of the pulls know IMHO. Or lose what respect you have left.$.02

No I am not the driving force behind these rules. Last year we had 12 to 15 trucks that were in 2 feet of each other. Then we had 2 trucks that were 10 to 20 feet in front of that. To me that was a good show. I was not running for points but the rules more like super than street. When they needed trucks in super they had 2 in the street class.

I was not mad about the rules are the people that built their trucks to the rules. I was mad about the way DHRA is ran as a business when it is called a association!! That is what I was told by McBride. What we the pullers wanted did not matter. He was going to run his business the way he wanted to.

Johnboy

I don't truck pull to get respect and I could give a ---- what you think of me hotrod!!

Back