somethings wrong here

F2Fitty

04 f250 4x4 have hissing noise comming from behind dashboard now and little power.

what blew up

also more of white /grey smoke comming out of tailpipe. no more black smoke

Yup....sounds like the Y-pipe,....thats what mine did.

It can be replaced(if that is what broke)...in your driveway...I just did it about 2 months ago....lol

It's a PITA...but it can be done.

100_5586.jpg

tr1.jpg

O.K just found that the blue rubber hose comming out of turbo going to inter cooler was melted and had a big split in the ruber hose part (??? what do you call that thing ???)...

could that be it or where else should i be looking???

Thanks for all your help guy's

O.K just found that the blue rubber hose comming out of turbo going to inter cooler was melted and had a big split in the ruber hose part (??? what do you call that thing ???)...

could that be it or where else should i be looking???

Thanks for all your help guy's

Yeah thats probably the only thing that is wrong. Fix that first and see if all your symptoms go away. Its called an (intercooler boot.)

should their be a Oily residu comming out of the turbo? And what can I do to prevent this from happening again???

Oil is normal, due to the CCV. Reroute the CCV, and you will get no more oil. How did you burn a hole in the boot?

If your burning holes on that boot in that spot, you got a bigger issue. I don't think you can get air that hot there. You sure it didn't blow out?

what blew out ? this is the first time this boot has blown out ever.

what could be causing this to heat up now ? the truck has been the same for at least 3 years...

If its the boot that connects from the turbo to the CAC tube on the passenger side that goes down to the lower passenger side of the intercooler, (the "Hot side"0, and you got that hot enought to burn a hole in a rubber boot, you have really done something. Compressed air gets hot, but I have never heard of it getting hot enough on a turbo to melt rubber.

it's the that very one... So what do you guys think is the problem???
The truck has had the same mods for 3 years

banks exhaust turbo back no cat,afe intake,Sct programer from DJ and thats it nothing else.

picked up new intercooler boot today...

just installed it and it wont stay on is their a trick to this some kind of adhesive??? it's torq down well ... if i drive it normal it's stays on if i get on it the cac side just pops off (Loud POP) any ideas????

Back