Sounds of life

whitetrash21

der sparky
I went from driving an 05 duramax to a 2000 cummins a couple days ago.... dear lord, how in the hell do you guys hear yourself think when driving one of these LOL

It's not a bad truck, definitely drives and shifts differently than a dury/alli (not necessarily a bad thing) but I seriously feel like someone is shaking a bag of bear traps next to my head all the damn time :D

This is gonna take some getting used too....

Mines quite an im running 5in duals, what you got for exhaust?

Stock....not exhaust noise. Engine rattle.... sounds normal, just way louder than a duramax.

the 24v was the loudest(IMO)on put in the dodges...

But how many miles are on the engine? If over 150K do a valve adjustment and that can quiet it down a little. Also you can run some 2 stroke oil in the fuel. I forget the ratio but you can search and find out. But that quiets it down some and helps with keeping the VP44 alive.

Put a stack in it, you wont mind that rattle so much.

Posted while playing HALO 4

Also you can run some 2 stroke oil in the fuel. I forget the ratio but you can search and find out. But that quiets it down some and helps with keeping the VP44 alive.

This. I didn't mind the noise, but I started using 2 cycle oil mix before I did the pump swap and it did make a good bit of difference. Almost instantly for my ears.

I went from driving an 05 duramax to a 2000 cummins a couple days ago.... dear lord, how in the hell do you guys hear yourself think when driving one of these LOL

It's not a bad truck, definitely drives and shifts differently than a dury/alli (not necessarily a bad thing) but I seriously feel like someone is shaking a bag of bear traps next to my head all the damn time :D

This is gonna take some getting used too....

i bet your IQ declines with every mile you're behind the wheel of that thing

the 24v was the loudest(IMO)on put in the dodges...

But how many miles are on the engine? If over 150K do a valve adjustment and that can quiet it down a little. Also you can run some 2 stroke oil in the fuel. I forget the ratio but you can search and find out. But that quiets it down some and helps with keeping the VP44 alive.
112k on it. Ill be trying some 2 stroke. Thx

Put a stack in it, you wont mind that rattle so much.

Posted while playing HALO 4

LOL

i bet your IQ declines with every mile you're behind the wheel of that thing

I hope not, I'm puttin lots of miles on and I'm not working with much to begin with.:D

If you set the valve lash a little tighter it helps the rattle. Same with my IAT sensor mod that adjusts the engine timing.

Last edited:
setting the valve lash is quick and easy, takes some rattle away, and 2 cycle oil helps a lot. friend has a 12 v and he runs atf in his fuel, says that makes is less noisy.

I have been running two cycle for over a year now and have noticed no noise difference. I think you guys are doing bath salts.

I have been running two cycle for over a year now and have noticed no noise difference. I think you guys are doing bath salts.

Nah couldn't be bath salts they would be eating people like that guy in Miami :lolly:

I've been running 2 stroke in my truck for almost 10 years. The only time it's quiet is when is not running. I always have to turn it off at the drive thru.

im in no way saying that it makes a 24 v "quite" just a little bit less noisey, i personally dont care about the noise, but when we have the amount of 2 stroke oil that we do, why not pour some into the tank if it helps keep things lubed up?

Back