South Bend Clutch Rocks!

DrSpeed

Unregistered User
After a long hard season of pulling, going in multiple classes, hooking up many times at one event (it was 5 times at the last event in Moses Lake!), my clutch just about had it. I think I counted over 20 hooks on it just this season alone.

I called Peter at South Bend Clutch, and he said "Don't worry, we'll take care of it!"

http://www.southbendclutch.com/

And he's a man of his word!

DK Diesel pulled the tranny out, pull the clutch apart, and took a few photos:

Worn flywheel inserts:
35952.JPG

Warmed and worn friction surfaces:
35955.JPG

Cracked pressure plate:
35953.JPG

Peter calls me when he gets it, and I can hear him shaking his head! HAHAHA....

He's got a newer Feramic compound for me to try, and updated sprung hubs. A couple days later, this shows up at the shop:

35956.jpg

And everything looks awesome!

35950.jpg

Turned it around so quick you can still smell the paint on the shift fork!

35951.jpg

Peter and the Crew at South Bend Clutch, you rock!

I got 33 hooks this season on mine till it wouldnt hold no more!!! will be getting it out and up to Peter in the next month, Gona try to go to tripple if i can talk him into making me one to fit behind the PSD

Do you have any videos up Dr. Speed? I'd love to see how you launch.:hehe:

He saved me as well. Had some problems with mine. Sent it to him and the next day I received a new 4200 rigid. I had bad luck with the sprung. Hats off to Peter and Mantle at South Bend.

I got 33 hooks this season on mine till it wouldnt hold no more!!! will be getting it out and up to Peter in the next month, Gona try to go to tripple if i can talk him into making me one to fit behind the PSD

Bean's got a triple Iron Giant in his CTD and Six Speed ZF. It'll work!

Do you have any videos up Dr. Speed? I'd love to see how you launch.:hehe:

FULL THROTTLE BABY!

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out how to hook up and get out of the hole with the new found power - it's been pretty vicious on the clutch.

http://www.youtube.com/drspeed111

Must be some of that recycled steel, mine looked the same. I think I was easier on it than any of the others, especially the first year.

Bean's got a triple Iron Giant in his CTD and Six Speed ZF. It'll work!

FULL THROTTLE BABY!

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out how to hook up and get out of the hole with the new found power - it's been pretty vicious on the clutch.

http://www.youtube.com/drspeed111

Last I talked to Peter there was some clearance issues when behind a PSD and not a Fummins

Last I talked to Peter there was some clearance issues when behind a PSD and not a Fummins

Well, there's nothing special about the back side of the flywheel...and I did have to clearance some of the innards of the ZF6....you got a die grinder?

I think those big old tires may be hurting the life span of your clutch.

I'm pulling in 4th gear, 4 Low...so it's just gearing.....

So does everyone that buys a South Bend Clutch get free rebuild when it is smoked or only certain people? I would defiantly factor in a lifetime warranty when selecting my clutch manufacturer.

Let's just say Peter at South Bend Clutch takes care of his customers and stands behind his product - a rare commodity these days!:clap::clap:

I'm told every part on his clutches are made and manufactured in the United States - another rare commodity!

SBC is a company that is truly for diesel motorsports!:rockwoot:

Peter has taken very good care of me too sent in my sprung 4200 and got my tripple back in 2 days awsome guys up there!

Same here. I had issues with my IG when i got it. Peter was quick to help out. I feel he really went out of his way to get me going. Excellent customer service IMHO

So does everyone that buys a South Bend Clutch get free rebuild when it is smoked or only certain people? I would defiantly factor in a lifetime warranty when selecting my clutch manufacturer.

I never got one...but I bought my clutch used a long time ago...I sent it in for a rebuild and Peter called laughing...said it was one of the first DD clutches he built:D He did rebuild it for me for a very reasonable price;)

But, when I bought the clutch used, I sent him pictures to ask his opinion of the condition...he treated me like I was buying it from him. Also, before I got it installed, a BRAND new input shaft showed up for it, and I sent the old one in for inspection. Peter said there were some that had flaws, so he wanted to swap it out before I installed it. That's customer service there!

That clutch lasted 125K miles towing heavy, 450hp, multiple drivers, and of course some hot rodding. Rebuilt it, and put another 15K on it before I de-tuned the truck and sold the clutch!

Chris

I also had issues with my clutch. It was not releasing properly, Peter sent me out a new replacement clutch the next day. He really stands behind his products with no hassels. I will never run another clutch in any of my vehicles. I have 3 trucks, all Southbend clutches!

I dont think you have to been anyone special. Ive never met Peter and have only purchased one clutch through him. I had a problem with over a year later and he took care of it. But gave me some advice "QUIT SLIPPING MY CLUTCHES" haha. Great guys

What these guys said - Peter stands behind his stuff, and he will repair it for a minimal cost to you. And it looks like there are a few people that aren't even the first owners, and they get the same gold star treatment as everyone else.

The boys at SBC stand behind their product 100%. And it definately shows! :clap:

SBC is definitely one of the best vendors in the Diesel community.

No one beats their customer service.

no, not everyone. my rebuild is gonna cost me almost as much as what i could buy a brand new DD for, but i know that if there is ever a problem, he will stand behind it 100%

Back